Resolved "Cannot create save data"

Users who are viewing this thread

Texugo

Recruit
My Bannerlord has decided that it won't save games anymore on my PC. I tried deleting all my saves, starting a new game, turning off anti-virus and Windows Defender, reinstalling the game, verifying game integrity... you name it.... the only thing I get when trying to save a game, is a message in the game saying "Cannot create save data".

On the 27th I downloaded the 1.4.2 patch, and started playing on my old save from patch 1.4.1. It started just fine, saves were working, all normal. And then, the game decided it wouldn't save anymore. I have around 8 different saves, in none of them I can save.

- Game version is 1.4.2, I am not sign up for Beta.
- No mod whatsoever.
- HDD has about 1.5tb free space

Computer Specs:
GPU: MSI Radeon RX5700 MECH OC
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb
Motherboard: MSI B450 Carbon AC
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2tb Seagate / 500gb seagate ssd M.2

Hi, I am also having this problem, and I also tried the same solutions to no avail.

Edit. I also tried reverting to previous versions, but that didn't help.

Last edited:
Same experience cannot save.
Beta branch participant on version e1.4.2. I am running a brand new save and have encountered this bug twice. The first time I received the error I also received a security advisory from Norton 360. Unfortunately I did not note the message. The second time I did not receive a notification.

Just bought this game, so excited for it...but I can't save which obviously makes it unplayable unfortunately. I presume this has issue has been reported as I know there are 10+ threads from it. Just would like to know this is being worked on I guess. Kind of sucks to know what I have done literally won't be recorded. So, no point in playing until this is fixed.

Just bought this game, so excited for it...but I can't save which obviously makes it unplayable unfortunately. I presume this has issue has been reported as I know there are 10+ threads from it. Just would like to know this is being worked on I guess. Kind of sucks to know what I have done literally won't be recorded. So, no point in playing until this is fixed.

Just FYI - many of us with this "can't create save file" issue have found that we can save certain versions of the game. Personally I can play up to and including vers.1.41, but not vers.1.42 or vers.1.43 - so you could try to change the version you're using and see if it is possible to save there. It's a bit of a hassle as each variation usually takes 5-10GB of download to change. But if you REALLY want to try the game, that might be an option.

Just FYI - many of us with this "can't create save file" issue have found that we can save certain versions of the game. Personally I can play up to and including vers.1.41, but not vers.1.42 or vers.1.43 - so you could try to change the version you're using and see if it is possible to save there. It's a bit of a hassle as each variation usually takes 5-10GB of download to change. But if you REALLY want to try the game, that might be an option.

awesome!! Thanks! I’ll try that out.

Had this issue creep up again after the August 11 beta hotfix. Turned off my Norton Data Protector and the ability to save was restored and remained restored after reactivating Norton Data Protection. This is the only PC game, early access or otherwise, I've had this issue with. Will update thread with further information as necessary.

Hi, please make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software.Well known security software that may be tied with the issue is Windows Defender. If you are using Windows Defender:- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- Click the Add an allowed app button.

I too am experiencing the same issue as Texugo. As he stated initially, I too attempted to disable anti-virus and Window Defender... because that's the first thing any gamer would think to do aside from Googling to see if it's a known issue that's being patched.

This was not an issue for me until the latest patch... since I was foolish enough to let if update. I was, however, and now find that I can no longer save the game; "cannot create save data". Which, essentially, makes a game based on progression pointless and negates the past week I've devoted to this. You'd think I would've learned not to buy early access games and become unpaid QA. Guess I needed to be reminded.

I've only missed the 2 hour refund window by about 150hours or so... so please just fix this coding conflict. My complaint does not seem to be unique to just me - or those in this forum, for that matter - so let the game breaking bugs take priority over graphical fidelity or the fancy banners I hear so many crowing about. As it is now, I'm not going to continue until this is solved... really solved; not telling us to fiddle with firewalls which is a given.

Game version is 1.5.1.240246, I am not sign up for Beta.
- No mod whatsoever.
- External SSD w/approx. 3TB of free space

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080Ti x2
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 32GB

I too am experiencing the same issue as Texugo. As he stated initially, I too attempted to disable anti-virus and Window Defender... because that's the first thing any gamer would think to do aside from Googling to see if it's a known issue that's being patched.

This was not an issue for me until the latest patch... since I was foolish enough to let if update. I was, however, and now find that I can no longer save the game; "cannot create save data". Which, essentially, makes a game based on progression pointless and negates the past week I've devoted to this. You'd think I would've learned not to buy early access games and become unpaid QA. Guess I needed to be reminded.

I've only missed the 2 hour refund window by about 150hours or so... so please just fix this coding conflict. My complaint does not seem to be unique to just me - or those in this forum, for that matter - so let the game breaking bugs take priority over graphical fidelity or the fancy banners I hear so many crowing about. As it is now, I'm not going to continue until this is solved... really solved; not telling us to fiddle with firewalls which is a given.

Game version is 1.5.1.240246, I am not sign up for Beta.
- No mod whatsoever.
- External SSD w/approx. 3TB of free space

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080Ti x2
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 32GB
Hi, the developers investigated this issue, however, it isn't caused from our end, and every player who could fix this issue fixed it by checking their security software. Another common cause aside from Windows Defender we've found is BitDefender. So, if you are using BitDefender:
  1. Go to the Dashboard of BitDefender
  2. Protection tab on the left
  3. Click on Application Access under the Safe Files applet
  4. Flag the check mark for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Back
Top Bottom