Need More Info Cannot Create Save Data

Users who are viewing this thread

I’ve gotten an error where the game “can’t create save data”. I’ve tried running the base game, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, with and without mods and I still get the error. I’m also using Windows antivirus in case that matters. I’m about to try uninstalling and reinstalling today to see if that works, but if anybody else has had this issue and fixed it, please let me know.

May I add - same here, happened after 1.2 left "beta".

I can load from my previous auto-save (which was 1.2 beta), can quick save once or twice, but apparently if I do anything in-game and THEN save, the bug happens.

Also, after the error window pops up if I try to LOAD any save, the game crashes - with no debug/message at all.

I stored a copy of the "1.2 beta" save in my Drive, if any dev wanna have a look, just PM me.

I’ve gotten an error where the game “can’t create save data”. I’ve tried running the base game, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, with and without mods and I still get the error. I’m also using Windows antivirus in case that matters. I’m about to try uninstalling and reinstalling today to see if that works, but if anybody else has had this issue and fixed it, please let me know.

Hey, I am having the same issue on some of my saves, and I found a not-so-great workaround that might help.
If you go into your Game Saves folder (Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves\Native) you will notice that the broken saves are almost DOUBLE the size of the working ones (76 MB vs 40 MB). If you load any normal sized saves from the same playthrough, you will be able to save again. So, you might be able to rescue your campaign, but you'll most likely lose a few hours of progress.

Hey, I am having the same issue on some of my saves, and I found a not-so-great workaround that might help.
If you go into your Game Saves folder (Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves\Native) you will notice that the broken saves are almost DOUBLE the size of the working ones (76 MB vs 40 MB). If you load any normal sized saves from the same playthrough, you will be able to save again. So, you might be able to rescue your campaign, but you'll most likely lose a few hours of progress.

Yeah, I went that route - turns out when I get to day 360+ in the new save (just wandering around the map and passing time) all hell breaks lose again :smile:

I've commented on three threads already about these issues, not gonna bother spamming any further.
I'm done with the forums and with this game - hope TW does deliver a finished and polished game in a few months/years. Until then, I won't even boot this mess anymore.

I bet that might have worked but I just said **** it and started a new game. I believe the issue stemmed from a mod that fixed the mercenary contract system. It must have bugged out or I ****ed with it or something. It might have even been the game updating to a new branch but I don't remember. On my next playthrough, all has been well, but I've made sure to only use mods that I know work, are relatively easy to implement, and stay on a single branch.

Hello, as we have notified earlier, we can not help with the modded games and the problems caused by mods. Your best chance in these situations is contacting the mod developer or removing the mods and starting a new game without mods in case your saved game might be already broken due to the change of codes that comes with the mods. If you are able to reproduce the problem after removing the mods, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Back
Top Bottom