Resolved Cannot create save data (e1.0.4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Unable to save campaign from older save (e1.0.2) using e1.0.4. New campaign with e1.0.4 also encounters this issue. Displays text box with Title: Save Failed! and contents: "Cannot create save data." after a small pause. Auto-Save doesn't seem to function either. It should be noted that the e1.0.3 patch is where the same issues with saves occurred, minus the text box that the save failed.
How to Reproduce: Save, Save As, and Save and Exit all encounter this error. Save As for new save and overwrite of old saves still shows error. Used opted-out of beta and beta e1.0.4 in Steam, same results. Turned Steam Cloud Sync on and off, same results. Restart of game in between each setting change.
Media:
pTnu3yM.png

Version: e1.0.4
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1060 - 6GB
CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 2x4 GB + 1x2 GB = 10 GB
Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Crucial MX500 - 250GB (SSD)

I just started having this issue since yesterday, never had it before.

Really weird, really random. I tried several solutions, I don't have any antivirus, nothing worked.
Any suggestion would be gladly appreciated.

Last edited:
Same here! At first I thought it was the fault of mods, but probably not. I turned off all mods installed on Wednesday, then turned off all mods. I deleted all saves and then the entire folder, added to Windows Defender exceptions, and downloaded the launcher again. Nothing helps. The game has become unplayable for me at the moment. Please solve this problem.

Okay guys I solved it! Hope it works for you too.

The problem on my side was that my antivirus (Bitdefender) did not give access to Bannerlord to modify "Secured Files". When I first installed Bannerlord, I had given the game the authority to do but it seems one of the updates has changed that (around version e1.1). So yeah, just gave it back the authority to modify files and it starting saving again without issues.

Here are 2 screen shots (i've got a french reskin so I used a google picture to have first in english, second is from mine.)

Here's the place I got the option for the access

And you just turn on these switches!

Hope it helps!

Thank you for sharing.
Unfortunately, a lot of us are still having this issue even withouth BitDefender or any antivirus (except Windows Defender).

Okay guys I solved it! Hope it works for you too.

The problem on my side was that my antivirus (Bitdefender) did not give access to Bannerlord to modify "Secured Files". When I first installed Bannerlord, I had given the game the authority to do but it seems one of the updates has changed that (around version e1.1). So yeah, just gave it back the authority to modify files and it starting saving again without issues.

Here are 2 screen shots (i've got a french reskin so I used a google picture to have first in english, second is from mine.)
Also having this problem, not using any antivirus programs or anything other than windows defender. I would say it makes sense that a program could be the issue, but it doesn't happen every time--just sometimes--and that sort of dispells that at least for most of us. Every now and then the game gets corrupted and you can't save, if you go back to a previous save before that one and play, you can save again. You'll know when it happens pretty quickly because it autosaves so often--and then you'll get the message.
It's a completely new game for me since the last patch, so I know it's not a save compatibility issue.

Last edited:
Also having this problem on beta 1.2.
I have still on not beta 1.2 I played today 3h after this patch and was ok. I thinked now i don't have this bug, but after 3h i have this bug again. Uhhh.
I don't think TaleWorlds doing something with this. I don't try with 1.3 because mods don't working with this version, but I don't see anything about this in update description. More and more people have this problem and I have probably tried everything I found in the forums.

For me happened after 1.2 left "beta".

I can load from my previous auto-save (which was 1.2 beta), can quick save once or twice, but apparently if I do anything in-game and THEN save, the bug happens.

Also, after the error window pops up if I try to LOAD any save, the game crashes - with no debug/message at all.

I stored a copy of the "1.2 beta" save in my Drive, if any dev wanna have a look, just PM me.

I'm not using any AV and I disable Windows default carppy AV/firewall/security hogs :smile:

I'm getting this issue in main 1.2 currently, no antivirus or otherwise interfering software is installed. I can reload previous saves and play for a while until it happens again.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom