Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

RWBY

Regular
Summary: This is something I reported half a year ago already, the time when I last played this game before coming back for 1.7. When bartering with lords on the world map I also have options available to offer horses, weapons, prisoners, etc... If I barter with lords and nobles inside a settlement, then I don't have anything besides gold available for offer.
How to Reproduce: Simple barter with lords and nobles in the world map/keep to see the difference.
Have you used cheats and if so which: Focus points and teleporting.

Summary: This is something I reported half a year ago already, the time when I last played this game before coming back for 1.7. When bartering with lords on the world map I also have options available to offer horses, weapons, prisoners, etc... If I barter with lords and nobles inside a settlement, then I don't have anything besides gold available for offer.
How to Reproduce: Simple barter with lords and nobles in the world map/keep to see the difference.
Have you used cheats and if so which: Focus points and teleporting.

are theese the same lords?

I've noticed that alot of lords I cant barter much besides gold out in the open aswell.
Besides some stuff, like horses and cows.

I'm thinking it could be that the skill of the lord is "too low"?(thats what I've asumed atleast)
I can trade with more items with some lords inside fiefs and out and about so thats why I'm asking.

(overall the whole tradeing system as such feels forced to me, specially the final perk, should have been moved down the line to middle or something).(dont have to have skill if you got the money :razz:)

are theese the same lords?

I've noticed that alot of lords I cant barter much besides gold out in the open aswell.
Besides some stuff, like horses and cows.

I'm thinking it could be that the skill of the lord is "too low"?(thats what I've asumed atleast)
I can trade with more items with some lords inside fiefs and out and about so thats why I'm asking.

(overall the whole tradeing system as such feels forced to me, specially the final perk, should have been moved down the line to middle or something).(dont have to have skill if you got the money :razz:)
Actually, I don't know. I didn't thoroughly check that to be honest. I just bartered with one lord on the campaign map to recruit him to my faction, and when I tried it with one that was inside a settlement, then I only had gold available.

Hey, I have just tested it. If you barter with a lord that is a party leader which is just visiting/waiting in the settlement with their party, then you can barter items with them just fine. However, you cannot barter items with governors and lords which aren't party leaders. In practice, most lords that are in the keep usualy don't have own parties, so it is hard to find there some to barter items.
I haven't tested bartering prisoners, but I have tested bartering fiefs. You can give fiefs via barter to any lord, but you can take a fief only from clan leaders. Of course, for bartering fiefs you need perk "Everything has a price" from 300 Trading skill.

Edit: I have tested bartering prisoners, it works just like bartering items.

Last edited:
Hey, I have just tested it. If you barter with a lord that is a party leader which is just visiting/waiting in the settlement with their party, then you can barter items with them just fine. However, you cannot barter items with governors and lords which aren't party leaders. In practice, most lords that are in the keep usualy don't have own parties, so it is hard to find there some to barter items.
I haven't tested bartering prisoners, but I have tested bartering fiefs. You can give fiefs via barter to any lord, but you can take a fief only from clan leaders. Of course, for bartering fiefs you need perk "Everything has a price" from 300 Trading skill.

Edit: I have tested bartering prisoners, it works just like bartering items.
That's interesting, because when I tried to barter with lords, I bartered for them to join my faction, so they had their own party, and I did not have other items available to barter while he was in a settlement. I just now tried to barter with Rhagaea in Phyacon, just normal barter, and I again don't have items available to barter, and she has her own party.

That's interesting, because when I tried to barter with lords, I bartered for them to join my faction, so they had their own party, and I did not have other items available to barter while he was in a settlement. I just now tried to barter with Rhagaea in Phyacon, just normal barter, and I again don't have items available to barter, and she has her own party.
That had given me an idea, so I have tested one more thing. I have waited for an allied army to be defeated and after that I voted for peace in order to free allied lords from imprisonment. Right after that I visited one of these lords in a town where thay were resting before recreating their party. I wasn't able to barter items with them.
Maybe this is what happend in your game?
If that is the case, then it might be an intended design, because technically such lords didn't recreated their parties yet. They might not count as party leaders at that moment despite being party leaders not so long ago, and despite becoming party leaders no so long after you speaked with them.

Edit: The lord on which I have tested it is the faction leader, so he is always a party leader in any other circumstances than being imprisoned and right after the imprisonment.

That had given me an idea, so I have tested one more thing. I have waited for an allied army to be defeated and after that I voted for peace in order to free allied lords from imprisonment. Right after that I visited one of these lords in a town where thay were resting before recreating their party. I wasn't able to barter items with them.
Maybe this is what happend in your game?
If that is the case, then it might be an intended design, because technically such lords didn't recreated their parties yet. They might not count as party leaders at that moment despite being party leaders not so long ago, and despite becoming party leaders no so long after you speaked with them.

Edit: The lord on which I have tested it is the faction leader, so he is always a party leader in any other circumstances than being imprisoned and right after the imprisonment.
I had a similar thought like this, but hoped that it probably isn't implemented in such a wonky way. I stand corrected, unfortunately. Now the question is, should this be the intended way? I assume that a lord without a party does not have an inventory, that's why you can't barter items?

I assume that a lord without a party does not have an inventory, that's why you can't barter items?
I have no idea, but I think that if you disband a party which belongs to your clan, its party leader in some way convert all the the items into gold. So there is a high chance that the answer to this question is positive.

Now the question is, should this be the intended way?
I don't think it should the intended way, because even if a lord doesn't have any inventory, the game could just instantly convert the items into gold. Altough to be fair, I don't perceive the current design of this to be completely wrong either.

I guess we have to wait for answers from the QA team.

Back
Top Bottom