Can you set up camp in Bannerlord? Like in Warband.

Users who are viewing this thread

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I was talking about, but ok
It does. Lords being able to do these little stuff like making camps can affect player enjoyment. The player plays the game by interacting with the game world, which lords are a part of. When lords can or can't do certain things, it will affect the player. AI abilities are not just for the AI's "enjoyment"

It does. Lords being able to do these little stuff like making camps can affect player enjoyment. The player plays the game by interacting with the game world, which lords are a part of. When lords can or can't do certain things, it will affect the player. AI abilities are not just for the AI's "enjoyment"
Well yeah, I'm not against the lords being able to do more stuff, I just don't think what the lords can or cannot do should limit what the players can do.

And anyway, TW gave up on "The lords play by the same rules as the player" concept long ago. Lords get all kinds of fake buffs now because it very quickly became obvious that the AI isn't intelligent enough to play by the same rules as the player. It was a terrible idea from the start.
Yeah, well, players were asking for that. Player-like AI and playing under the same rules/constraints.

Yeah, well, players were asking for that. Player-like AI and playing under the same rules/constraints.
I know. A lot of players really want this and complain whenever the ai gets to cheat at anything, but we're probably at least 10 years too soon for the AI to be competent enough to play by the same rules. And this also isn't the kind of structured game where you need to beat it in 20 turns or something. That kind of player/ai balance just isn't necessary in an open-ended game like this. It really bugs me because I think this idea is responsible for a lot of the worst elements of the game.

Back
Top Bottom