Can you set up camp in Bannerlord? Like in Warband.

Users who are viewing this thread

I just got bannerlord on my PS4, and I'm used to being able to camp from M&B Warband. Mainly to heal up quickly after battles and preserve the moral of my troops.
However I don't know how to access the camp function, if there is one.
If someone could shed some light on my confusion, that would be much appreciated.

Its so sad they didn't keep or improve the camp function. Would be really nice to be able to set camp and enter the scen. And it would grow and change depending on culture and army size, you can walk around talk to your troops or your companions and maybe have some cool stuff to do in the commanders tent. But nah, here's a speed up button.

Interesting..and also that other Real Time Continuum mod 🤔 Thanks for the link, I will try them both 🖖

It was useless thing like so many other things that was in WB. Why do we need them, right? 🤡
I miss having the option, it felt cool and was useful when camping outside of enemy castles before a big seige, to getta handful of your soldiers ranked up to next tier before the big fight.
*Sigh*
PUT CAMPING IN BANNERLORD!!!! IT WAS COOL!!!

I miss having the option, it felt cool and was useful when camping outside of enemy castles before a big seige, to getta handful of your soldiers ranked up to next tier before the big fight.
You will make a camp when you siege a fief. Both sides can construct siege weapons as they wait too. These siege weapons can also shoot each other as you wait on the campaign map. If you start the assault and you have siege weapons that are not broken yet, your troops will use them. You can also use them yourself of course.

As for camping outside, there's none, as others have said. There are only Medicine perks that increases healing when stationary on the map or moving.

It was useless thing like so many other things that was in WB. Why do we need them, right? 🤡
Removing the camp was a huge missed opportunity for this game. The army camp should've been a central element of the game. Our base of operations. Everything that happens in the Clan menu should happen in the camp, and a lot more as well.

They could've added camps like they were done in Viking Conquest, which was pretty close to perfect. Why did the dev team just completely ignore that? Why can't we park our troops anywhere on the map for a bit so we can take our companions out bandit-hunting? Why can't we build a semi-permanent upgradeable hideout with some basic services like food provisioning, and prisoner storage. There's so many interesting things that could have been done with camps but we got nothing instead

Removing the camp was a huge missed opportunity for this game. The army camp should've been a central element of the game. Our base of operations. Everything that happens in the Clan menu should happen in the camp, and a lot more as well.

They could've added camps like they were done in Viking Conquest, which was pretty close to perfect. Why did the dev team just completely ignore that? Why can't we park our troops anywhere on the map for a bit so we can take our companions out bandit-hunting? Why can't we build a semi-permanent upgradeable hideout with some basic services like food provisioning, and prisoner storage. There's so many interesting things that could have been done with camps but we got nothing instead
Amen brother. And hunting! I want to sharpen my skills while camping. Boar hunting with spear and bow hunting deers. Bring it on 😎

Not everything needs to be like in Warband. Enemy lords could not make camp in warband, this would make it yet another player oriented buff or feature.

If however, there was some sort of fatigue meter for all parties, and armies/parties had to make camp at night or when their meter was drained, that would be a pretty cool thing. It could allow for night time ambushes and such.

Enemy lords could not make camp in warband, this would make it yet another player oriented buff or feature.
Who the f**k cares what the enemy lords can or cannot do? NPCs don't get bored. They have no interests or desires. They're just mindless bots running around the gameworld doing what they're programmed to do. They'll never complain about doing the same things over and over and over again in perpetuity. Why on earth would you want to play by the same rules as the NPCs?

And anyway, TW gave up on "The lords play by the same rules as the player" concept long ago. Lords get all kinds of fake buffs now because it very quickly became obvious that the AI isn't intelligent enough to play by the same rules as the player. It was a terrible idea from the start.

should have a camp mechanic that can be sieged / defended on from a siege (has basic wood platforms, no gates (or very rudimentary weak gates), and can be climbed by ladder or walls knocked down.

sieging an assembling army should basically guarantee all nobles captured if you win.
also a siege camp would benefit an outnumbered defender (setting up a camp for example in a good chokepoint on the map as a defensive maneuver/tactic)

also maybe could give small bonus for troop exp and reduction in food consumption + if you dont camp once a week your party slowly drains from morale and march speed (which is regained by camping for a night).

would definitely make the movement of armies around the map less A-Z and would introduce many mechanics that would influence prolonged wars

*Sigh*
PUT CAMPING IN BANNERLORD!!!! IT WAS COOL!!!
It was dangerous early on, too. You're camping with 10 rookies, and 15-20 looters run up on you, forcing a defensive battle.

Back
Top Bottom