Can you now immerse and rp in this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Guys had a long break from bannerlord and now came back hearing that maybe there will be rebellion soon on the beta branch.

Before I left smithing and trading was quite broken and also there was no real system of reputation (killing bandits give Rep to city etc) in the Game and you as a player couldn't die or raise a family.

How much after some months now can I expect? Is there a working life circle, family etc now in the game? Thabk you very much for your time.

Sincerely Mario

Short answer, no. They are implementing some interesting features next patch. You can die and raise a family, but the whole dynasty-feature seems pretty hollow for now. Propably best to wait until release if you want to wait for way more features than you used to have.

@Leader144

Yes, you can... of course the gam elacks few things and is improving slowly, but RP is always dependent on you and how you see the game and how you play... I wrote a short storie during my game play.. i stopped when i become Emperor of the Northern Empire and in abrutal war against the Western, because didn't got time to play, so i gave up and just follow the patches to see what's improving, so when i return a can make a full gameplay.

Again, is up to you if you're enjoying or not, hard to answer your question, mate

Merry christmas

@Leader144

Yes, you can... of course the gam elacks few things and is improving slowly, but RP is always dependent on you and how you see the game and how you play... I wrote a short storie during my game play.. i stopped when i become Emperor of the Northern Empire and in abrutal war against the Western, because didn't got time to play, so i gave up and just follow the patches to see what's improving, so when i return a can make a full gameplay.

Again, is up to you if you're enjoying or not, hard to answer your question, mate

Merry christmas

Merry Christmas.

Well so you could have children and marry them off making friends etc in your gameplay?

Sincerely

Merry Christmas.

Well so you could have children and marry them off making friends etc in your gameplay?

Sincerely

Marry and have children yes, some feature was lacking...that's one reason i stopped too.. lack of content, but was fun enough the ride to power.. my children was 9 when i took the throne

The things I was having fun while playing, even with lot of bugs and unpolished feature, like many in here...

One of the biggest battle that i enjoyed so much, was the Battle of Ataconia... Lucon died, Arcor died... Gario's son and heir also died in that battle don't remember if was by my hand... Many powerful lords died in there and that made the war much more interesting, cause only after 4 year after that battle that i managed to claim the throne with my brother-in-law dead, Emperor Ascyron Osticos, I was married to Zoana of the NE

Last edited:
Hi Guys had a long break from bannerlord and now came back hearing that maybe there will be rebellion soon on the beta branch.

Before I left smithing and trading was quite broken and also there was no real system of reputation (killing bandits give Rep to city etc) in the Game and you as a player couldn't die or raise a family.

How much after some months now can I expect? Is there a working life circle, family etc now in the game? Thabk you very much for your time.

Sincerely Mario

You can if you have a great imagination to fill in the blanks.

Well, I feel here there are 2 ways of immersion, the one the player creates in their heads and the one that the in game world shows to the player. The first one, invented by the player, is too dependent on imagination and the will to go outside of what you're playing, for ex: you've just finished fighting a war and return to your faction's main town, here the player says "and we were received as heroes" or "the queen/princess gave me a trophy for my efforts", etc, as you see none of this happens in the game, but the player imagines it so he can immerse himself in the world, or give their story more dynamism.
The second one created by the game is every event created by the world itself and will guide the player through so he can create his stories, and it's based on reaction of both what the AI and what the player chooses to do (the AI chooses to start a war on the players' kingdom, the player reacts by forming an army and marchs towards enemy lines/ the player destroys a caravan of another faction, that faction reacts by declaring war on them).
Now the problem here is that, even if the player can imagine all they can, at some point the game feels short of stories because basically everything that happens is always the same, go to war, get a castle, war stops, the player does nothing, and this cycle repeats, but with deaths, rebellions and more of these situations the game will start feeling more dynamic and give birth to new situations the player can exploit, but the game needs to provide even more immersion based on reaction of the events. For example, many things are underwhelming, marriage feels too easy or its just a very simple mechanic that gives the feeling of it being an unimportant moment, deaths suffer the same thing too, you die and it feels so "ok you're a corpse now choose a heir", and you know the lack of reaction to these situations make it feel barren too, I haven't played for a while so correct me if I'm wrong, but for ex: Lords react to a marriage, but do they react to deaths? Do villagers and commoners react to the death of their king? Do they praise their new king and support him? You know, I feel like the game needs a lot of work in dialogs to immerse too. In the end, it's a roleplaying game, and the role you do needs to feel like it has a weight on the world (because mostly it does)

Well, I feel here there are 2 ways of immersion, the one the player creates in their heads and the one that the in game world shows to the player. The first one, invented by the player, is too dependent on imagination and the will to go outside of what you're playing, for ex: you've just finished fighting a war and return to your faction's main town, here the player says "and we were received as heroes" or "the queen/princess gave me a trophy for my efforts", etc, as you see none of this happens in the game, but the player imagines it so he can immerse himself in the world, or give their story more dynamism.
The second one created by the game is every event created by the world itself and will guide the player through so he can create his stories, and it's based on reaction of both what the AI and what the player chooses to do (the AI chooses to start a war on the players' kingdom, the player reacts by forming an army and marchs towards enemy lines/ the player destroys a caravan of another faction, that faction reacts by declaring war on them).
Now the problem here is that, even if the player can imagine all they can, at some point the game feels short of stories because basically everything that happens is always the same, go to war, get a castle, war stops, the player does nothing, and this cycle repeats, but with deaths, rebellions and more of these situations the game will start feeling more dynamic and give birth to new situations the player can exploit, but the game needs to provide even more immersion based on reaction of the events. For example, many things are underwhelming, marriage feels too easy or its just a very simple mechanic that gives the feeling of it being an unimportant moment, deaths suffer the same thing too, you die and it feels so "ok you're a corpse now choose a heir", and you know the lack of reaction to these situations make it feel barren too, I haven't played for a while so correct me if I'm wrong, but for ex: Lords react to a marriage, but do they react to deaths? Do villagers and commoners react to the death of their king? Do they praise their new king and support him? You know, I feel like the game needs a lot of work in dialogs to immerse too. In the end, it's a roleplaying game, and the role you do needs to feel like it has a weight on the world (because mostly it does)

They are struggling in this area.

Maybe I am wrong but if I would work as game developer, adding better dialogs and making the game more immersive would be the last thing in my agenda. Not saying that these things are not relevant because the are, but core features and better AI are the things what I am most interested to see first.

The game is currently not immersive which is not a good thing, and I hope this change before the release, but 1.5.6 is a good moment to come back to start a new campaign. We have got really nice new stuff in this patch.

Maybe I am wrong but if I would work as game developer, adding better dialogs and making the game more immersive would be the last thing in my agenda. Not saying that these things are not relevant because the are, but core features and better AI are the things what I am most interested to see first.

The game is currently not immersive which is not a good thing, and I hope this change before the release, but 1.5.6 is a good moment to come back to start a new campaign. We have got really nice new stuff in this patch.

Jeah didn't mean that it must be before everything is shaped up and bugs and balancing is finished, in the game but on long sight I hope they put in fluff feasts like in mount and blade and fluff. Much fluff like when you marry you must decide if you host a feast talk and get a ceremony. Not just pay bam married jeah thanks now you are a father.

Jeah didn't mean that it must be before everything is shaped up and bugs and balancing is finished, in the game but on long sight I hope they put in fluff feasts like in mount and blade and fluff. Much fluff like when you marry you must decide if you host a feast talk and get a ceremony. Not just pay bam married jeah thanks now you are a father.
Soon

Ah I see you are a man of culture as well. Also a brother of soon?
Hahaha

yes, man... I just have lots of patience, thank the gods/god/deities, whatever that's out there.. this year has come to an end that screwed everyone up on jobs, relationships, home, heatlh... take your pick

Just playig slowly while i can and when i can... my gf doesn't like when play videogames when she's here or not here. hahaa

I just want next year be better and for the TW team as well, so can they work better on this project.

Have patience, and have fun as you can... Both patches are great to play with

I already waited only 5 or 4 years for Bannerlord ( yes, i met very late), what's a year or two waiting something great?

Last edited:
Hahaha

yes, man... I just have lots of patience, thank the gods/god/deities, whatever that's out there.. this year has come to an end that screwed everyone up on jobs, relationships, home, heatlh... take your pick

Just playig slowly while i can and when i can... my gf doesn't like when play videogames when she's here or not here. hahaa

I just want next year be better and for the TW team as well, so can they work better on this project.

Have patience, and have fun as you can... Both patches are great to play with

I already waited only 5 or 4 years for Bannerlord ( yes, i met very late), what's a year or two waiting something great?

Haha my girlfriend too even if she plays planet zoo all around the clock when she isn't at work but when I wanna play she tells me hell no because when I play I drop like 12h into a game and she don't like the sort of games I am playing. Hopefully next year will be better and we will get more meat on our tables in terms of bannerlord content. Sad to say that in my opinion the last patch was the first I recognized with some content.

Haha my girlfriend too even if she plays planet zoo all around the clock when she isn't at work but when I wanna play she tells me hell no because when I play I drop like 12h into a game and she don't like the sort of games I am playing. Hopefully next year will be better and we will get more meat on our tables in terms of bannerlord content. Sad to say that in my opinion the last patch was the first I recognized with some content.

Nice... yes, Bannerlord has improved a lot since it's release, they need improve more of course, but that's gonna take awhile, that's why they shouldn't make full release at the 1 year birthday of Bannerlord. The game still is a baby.

Hahaha.. my gf is a fitness girl.. all about gyms, workouts, healthy food...Not even her cellphone has those little games, not even her FB! Girlie when we're alone and a ****ing Woman in front of people and work. She doesn't play anything, it's even hard make her sit down to watch movies, although we both lack patience for it.???

Nice... yes, Bannerlord has improved a lot since it's release, they need improve more of course, but that's gonna take awhile, that's why they shouldn't make full release at the 1 year birthday of Bannerlord. The game still is a baby.

Hahaha.. my gf is a fitness girl.. all about gyms, workouts, healthy food...Not even her cellphone has those little games, not even her FB! Girlie when we're alone and a ****ing Woman in front of people and work. She doesn't play anything, it's even hard make her sit down to watch movies, although we both lack patience for it.???

Haha we both are also into fitness but now there is less to do. One question is there a way to educate your kids ingame?

Back
Top Bottom