Can you level Leadership without starting an Army?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got about 116 men currently, but only about 17 leadership. I've got focus points into it but it just isn't leveling. Is there any other way to level Leadership besides starting an Army? I'd like to get access to some of those perks.

Yes you have to keep your morale high. Not quite sure the threshhold, but definitely higher than 60, although my feeling is somewhere around 80. Which means you need to have a big bonus to "current events", often generated by winning large fights.

Yes you have to keep your morale high. Not quite sure the threshhold, but definitely higher than 60, although my feeling is somewhere around 80. Which means you need to have a big bonus to "current events", often generated by winning large fights.
Yeah, I think it is 80 and higher and then you start getting leadership points. Its so hard to maintain >80 morale though.

Currently it's way too hard to level up leadership. I'm also stuck on 17. Faction refuses to give me any sort of fief for some reason so gaining enough influence to raise an army is tough. Just managed it's though so I'm keen to see how rapidly it levels. I have four focus points in it.

The high morale requiment is too high a bar. My army sits around 73 morale with 8 food types and loads of successful major and minor battles. My leadership is not increasing at all.

I'm sure the devs will be aware of this and will adjust it in the future. Fingers crossed!

You can easy gain influence and leadership by having you companions get their own parties and let them follow you... (This cost you no influence and makes you gain a lot, im currently having 2 companion parties follow me for 1.53 infleunce per day. You also gain influence by joining other armies..

You need to work your position up.. so first you follow then you lead.. seems reasonable. Big problem is that people don't want to play general but traders and then find it strange why they are good traders but bad generals...

I'm 20 hours in game with the current stats.. leadership 87 which was gained quite easily in the last 4-5 hours...

C0E467A9331FE2B757F50D28E796E6A318ACB864

{edit] BTW in this screen I just spent more than 800 influence on policies, fief rewards and there is an army of 6 other lords following me... I'm gaining 11+ influence per day)

Last edited:
Hmmm nice! I had tried to start an army when I first became vassal of Battania and that was a disaster. I've now got 2 companion parties roaming around my fiefs so maybe I'll try starting an army with just them and run down some bandits. Thanks =D

I wish Leadership passively increased a smidge every day so long as you have units under your command and increase for every 25 men under your command.

There are simply too few and too specialized of ways to get certain critical perks currently.

Having several types of food in your party raises morale. I also tend to get a skill raise during battles quite often. Not as often as I like, but enough that I tend to notice it from time to time.

I wish Leadership passively increased a smidge every day so long as you have units under your command and increase for every 25 men under your command.

There are simply too few and too specialized of ways to get certain critical perks currently.
This is how I wish it was too. If the developers are aware of this issue, they would make it easier to level up leadership and gives us more ways at the same time.

Hmmm nice! I had tried to start an army when I first became vassal of Battania and that was a disaster. I've now got 2 companion parties roaming around my fiefs so maybe I'll try starting an army with just them and run down some bandits. Thanks =D
This is how you should play the game,,, keep them with you at all times.. its for free. what else are they gonna do? the companions can only roam the land, raid a bit, perhaps sometimes give a small random relation boost..

I don't agree... because when you get fiefs... you easily have 300-500 troops indirectly under your command (I currently control 133 men my 2 companions both control 66 men) that is already 250+ under direct command.. I got 2 fiefs with both at least 100 militia + garrison..

When you are leading huge armies.. I'm currently leading a stack of 800 men.. MY leadership would hit 200 skill level before I entered mid-game.. I would be God in Calradia before the 1st year of the game passes... Total BS

Even Medicine, Heal Soldiers in Settlements. No. Give me XP for anytime a soldier heals back to full health and every time a soldier is wounded, not killed. I thought this is how it was before Early Access? I remember seeing this in videos where when a soldier got injured in battle, the player got Medicine XP.

This is how you should play the game,,, keep them with you at all times.. its for free. what else are they gonna do? the companions can only roam the land, raid a bit, perhaps sometimes give a small random relation boost..

I don't agree... because when you get fiefs... you easily have 300-500 troops indirectly under your command.. When you are leading huge armies.. I'\m currently leading a stack of 800 men.. MY leadership would hit 200 skill level before I entered mid-game.. I would be God in Calradia before the 1st year of the game passes... Total BS

Well, I mean XP from leading soldiers directly in your party. Then, you can get additional XP from leading armies as it is now.

Even Medicine, Heal Soldiers in Settlements. No. Give me XP for anytime a soldier heals back to full health and every time a soldier is wounded, not killed. I thought this is how it was before Early Access? I remember seeing this in videos where when a soldier got injured in battle, the player got Medicine XP.

You do realize that the game is meant to be played over long period of time... not get max medicine within 5 hours of playing... more like 100 hours of playing and you are at skill level 150

I liked to have them roaming around my fiefs to protect them while I'm off with the faction war parties. For awhile there was this Encurion guy that would raid try to raid my fiefs every day. I had to execute him. My companion parties were also somehow increasing my relation with notables in the areas, making it so I could recruit better troops (and more of them).

You do realize that the game is meant to be played over long period of time... not get max medicine within 5 hours of playing... more like 100 hours of playing and you are at skill level 150

I certainly do realize that but there can be a balance where you should be able to get some perks early on while the long/late game is reserved for others. Early game, certain critical perks take forever to unlock. Even to get 60 Riding took too long in my opinion.

I liked to have them roaming around my fiefs to protect them while I'm off with the faction war parties. For awhile there was this Encurion guy that would raid try to raid my fiefs every day. I had to execute him. My companion parties were also somehow increasing my relation with notables in the areas, making it so I could recruit better troops (and more of them).

MY companions would just roam the whole area. God knows where they would be if not following me. Certainly not around my fief. During wars they would just go and raid village ACROSS THE MAP.

As for the relation boost. I saw that in 2 hours of letting the companions roam freely they 1 time increased relations with a bunch of lords which increased with 2 or 4 points with each notable... don't know why (maybe saving villagers) which would mean they would need to spend 5-10 hours roaming to even increase the relations high enough to unlock an extra slot to hire troops from.

I certainly do realize that but there can be a balance where you should be able to get some perks early on while the long/late game is reserved for others. Early game, certain critical perks take forever to unlock. Even to get 60 Riding took too long in my opinion.
I completely agree with Riding and Athletics.. I am running since the start of this game and after 20 hours of running (or more) i got 58 Athletics.. I don't like this, but on the other hand... I'm at day 350-380... The game is meant to last so your children can take over your rule... it would be strange if I max out my skills in the first year of playing the game while my sons gets grown up to replace me over 15-18 years..

Without leading an army leadership levels V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y. I have received a few points in leadership from having an army with high moral, but it took a very long time. Doing the companion army thing is really the only way to do it.

Currently it's way too hard to level up leadership. I'm also stuck on 17. Faction refuses to give me any sort of fief for some reason so gaining enough influence to raise an army is tough. Just managed it's though so I'm keen to see how rapidly it levels. I have four focus points in it.

The high morale requiment is too high a bar. My army sits around 73 morale with 8 food types and loads of successful major and minor battles. My leadership is not increasing at all.

I'm sure the devs will be aware of this and will adjust it in the future. Fingers crossed!
join your faction in large battles, take all prisoners and go to a city of your faction, donate them into the prison. I have 2k influence now in my playthrough, no idea how to burn it all

Back
Top Bottom