Can you create a kingdom after already giving your banner to another lord?

Users who are viewing this thread

I gave my Dragon banner to some random king because I thought it would take a long time just to reach clan tier 3 and that it would be even harder to have vassels or allies, but after progressing through the game my army became stronger and I wanted to create my own kingdom, it it now possible or do I just not have the option to do so?

Nope. Have to keep the banner. No other way at the moment, unless you use the Developer Console mod and cheat to do it.

Will that change in the future you think?
I'm not sure that you'll be able to create a brand new faction by another method in the future, but... I would anticipate that eventually you'll be able to "take over" one of the main factions if you have enough support and the leader dies in combat, is executed, or dies from old age with no heir.

Will that change in the future you think?

No way to tell, but I definitely think so. Previous dev blogs talked about (for example), multiple ways for players to gain legitimacy if they sought the purple (i.e., the imperial throne). I imagine that's got to be the same for non-imperial kingdoms as well. As someone mentioned, internal takeover HAS to be a possibility at some point. If anything, it might yield more legitimacy than just declaring yourself through the banner.

There is an option. Since the main quest ends there and is very much WIP anyway, this is the way around:

0. Allow for cheats. (google how that works; you change a = to a 1 in a file)
1. Download developer console from nexus mods and install.
2. Be independent.
3. Open console and type "campaign.create_player_kingdom" (without quotation marks). This will have same effect as finishing the quest.

Back
Top Bottom