Can you change Apprenticeship/Enterprises in a City?

Users who are viewing this thread

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to switch your Apprenticeship/Enterprises in a City?  Basically the Guildmaster lied to me when I paid him 75 Florins to provide me with info about Enterprises and I choose a Dyeworks that was "Supposed" to generate 1900 Florins in profit.  Instead it generates -1600 Florins fully upgraded at full production <sigh>.    I want to change the Enterprise to something that actually can earn a profit or at least be useful (like making tools) but can't find any option or way to do it, even if I close and sell the dyeworks.  Also I own this particular city so it is important that I be able to locate the new enterprise in this city instead of somewhere I might not have access to due to a War.

I believe you would have to apprentice with another craftsman until you make your new masterpiece in your new profession.

After you sold the dye works, does the option appear to become an apprentice?  If not you may have to go to a new city.

Flavius Silvanus said:
I believe you would have to apprentice with another craftsman until you make your new masterpiece in your new profession.

After you sold the dye works, does the option appear to become an apprentice?  If not you may have to go to a new city.

That's what happens. Once you start an apprenticeship you can't change it. Selling the enterprise won't let you apprentice into a new trade in the same city.

I am a noble (baron) and wish to buy enterprises in cities, how can I do that without actually becoming an apprentice and working? Can I donate money or smthing? It seems rather silly to have to work as a noble. Should I find another way to make money? If yes, which would you suggest appart from the obvious choice of real estate?

Oh, by the way, if I am at war with a faction and have enterprises and real estate in a town of said faction, will I lose them and have to reinvest money? Or will the businesses close until the war ends and then open again?

The game is set up in such manner that each class has its own possibilities to become richer. The class of poors can build a farm, cut trees or work in the mines and melt ores.
The middle class is meant to apply for apprenticeship and setup his own enterprise. He can upgrade it and craft items for sale. The upper class can buy houses and rent them out.
The nobility has access to village management. Have a village and set your salary as you want. This is similar to town management, but the latter is much more rewarding.
Besides as a nobleman, you can build your own castle. Plus you should have enough resources and manpower to setup a colony in the New world.

If the town where you have your enterprise is at war with you, you'll find it difficult to enter the town. Besides there are no penalties.

Quintillius said:
The game is set up in such manner that each class has its own possibilities to become richer. The class of poors can build a farm, cut trees or work in the mines and melt ores.
The middle class is meant to apply for apprenticeship and setup his own enterprise. He can upgrade it and craft items for sale. The upper class can buy houses and rent them out.
The nobility has access to village management. Have a village and set your salary as you want. This is similar to town management, but the latter is much more rewarding.
Besides as a nobleman, you can build your own castle. Plus you should have enough resources and manpower to setup a colony in the New world.

If the town where you have your enterprise is at war with you, you'll find it difficult to enter the town. Besides there are no penalties.

Thanks for the quick reply. Followup questions:
1)I have 349 renown and no banner, yet I am a vassal of swadia and own a village and a tow. How come?
2)How does technology affect gameplay?

This makes me think. I once set up an oil press in one Rhodok city because the profit projections looked good only to finish my apprenticeship and raise the required funds to have a failing business that never once turned a profit. This however means that the market had somehow changed dramatically in the interim, implying that it could be changed back. I wonder if I be able to swat the Invisible Hand away and take a personal role in changing the economy. How could I do this? The price of olives could be made cheaper, but that would involve flooding the market with with them, and I don't know how to do that in Warband without individually buying olives everywhere I can and selling them in the city with my oil press. Would that even lower the enterprise's resource acquisition costs? Obviously I could just dump the olives directly into the enterprise, but I'm looking for a way to change the economy and not just improve my bottom line (which I probably wouldn't when taking into account the price of buying olives subtracted from whatever profit I achieve). Now that I think of it I don't even know where enterprises get their raw goods by default. Is the price calculated by how much they'd be sold in that city (at a good rate so sayeth the NPC's)? Besides setting up a trade agreement with a faction that produces a lot of one particular resource (would this even work?) I can't think of a way to lower the price of something without just selling a lot something within a city.

Back
Top Bottom