Can you build factory or business in Fire and Sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

14% on deposited funds per month is pretty good though.
After running round the map without a clue for a while I found my trade routes of choice and have 500k of interest earning deposit by June of year one.

The income from that deposit is better than the old industries used to generate for me in M+B:W
Think of it as investment in industry indirectly and smile as the coins roll in ?

There are some things you can build that seem to improve income.

According to the manual:

Urban Construction
Water supply – Increases the welfare of the city, and improve the population’s
attitude toward you. Requires monthly maintenance costs.
Academy – Increases the welfare of the city, and also allows you to pay for the
training of one of your companions. Such education takes 14 days, and increases
a chosen skill by one point.
Merchant Guild – Increases the percentage of taxes collected from the city, but
reduces the overall welfare of the city. Allows you to take a loan and pay interest.
Treasury – A city that boasts a treasury receives taxes on all lands in your possession.
Thus, you are spared from having to collect taxes from each settlement
separately. You can only build one treasury.

Village buildings
• Mill – Increases the welfare of the village -- and the amount of taxes collected.
• Barn – Like the mill, the barn increases the wealth and income from the village.
• School – Increases the amount of taxes collected.
• Hidden cache – If ever the village is over-run, if it has a hidden cache, it does not
receive the status of “Looted.” Instead, its wealth is reduced only by one third.
• Village council – increases the amount of taxes collected, and increases the
welfare of the village.

City offices
• Prosecutor – Increases the amount of taxes collected, and improves the population’s
attitude toward you.
• Paymaster – Significantly increases the amount of taxes collected, but reduces
the overall welfare of the city.
• Trade Guild Master – Increases the income from the city – not so much as the
Paymaster, but he does not reduce the welfare of the city.
• Priest – Improves the population’s attitude toward you.

Village offices
• Village Justice – Increases the income from the village.
• Treasurer – Increases the amount of taxes collected.
• Holy father – Improves the welfare of the village, and increases the taxes collected.
• Clerk – Improves the population’s attitude toward you.

I've left out military buildings.
I'm not sure what "welfare" is, whether it is the settlement's relation to you, or the prosperity. If it is the latter, then there are many buildings that improve prosperity, thus improve tax.

So there seems to be many buildings that improve income. But whether or not that is significant, has to be tested.

14% on deposited funds per month is pretty good though.
After running round the map without a clue for a while I found my trade routes of choice and have 500k of interest earning deposit by June of year one.

That is interesting.  500K at 14% is quite a cash flow.  I guess that's one way to escape from the money grind  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom