Can you at least tell us what this mod is about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragonki332

Recruit
I havent seen anything about what it's about, and i don't want to waste my time downloading it if i don't know what it is :neutral:

Cursus honorum is a mod based on early rome, before it grew to power. It has lot's of factions and (mostly) era specific weapons and armor.

Sounds very similar to TPW. Far too similar as Rome before it came to power was nothing more than a tiny tribe surrounded by Celts/Greeks and North Africans. It was a non event in terms of Europe.

oj121 said:
Sounds very similar to TPW. Far too similar as Rome before it came to power was nothing more than a tiny tribe surrounded by Celts/Greeks and North Africans. It was a non event in terms of Europe.

A "non event" that leaded to an empire which Europe never would see again in its whole History... :roll:

If you don't like it, simply go and play TPW 

thank you for your support guys :smile: Tsubodai's edit: I second that!

we would appreciate if you have any suggestions or advice for us to make Cursus honorum that much better

In 300 BC Rome was a force to be reckoned with.
The Peloponnesian war was 431 to 404? BC, at that time Rome was fairly irrelevant in comparison, which has been well illustrated in Lynores' mod as the faction is the Latin League i believe.
130 years is a LONG time.

zemdu: sorry I'll stop adding to your posts soon, its just quite fun :grin:

Tsubodai said:
The Peloponnesian war was 431 to 404? BC, at that time Rome was fairly irrelevant in comparison, which has been well illustrated in Lynores' mod as the faction is the Latin League i believe.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

barney+thumbs+up.gif

Tsubodai said:

In 509BC Rome`s last king was overthrown, and times of Republic began. Befoure that, Rome has been ruled 200-500 yers by Kings. You can simply check this fact from wikipedia, more accurate information i succest searching elsewhere

Matthieu said:
[me=Matthieu]Coughs[/me]

It actually was 476 A.D.

I believe you, sir, have mixed the King with the Emperor.

Rome was ruled by kings before it became a republic, and after the republican period it was ruled by emperors. The difference between a king and an emperor is somewhat subtle, but it's there.

Edit: to clarify, a couple of quotes from Wikipedia:
According to tradition and later writers such as Livy, the Roman Republic was established around 509 BC, when the last of the seven kings of Rome, Tarquin the Proud, was deposed
--
Romulus Augustus (born perhaps around 460 – died after 476, possibly alive around 500), was the last Western Roman Emperor, reigning from 31 October 475 until 4 September 476. His deposition by Odoacer traditionally marks the end of the Western Roman Empire, the fall of ancient Rome, and the beginning of the Middle Ages in Western Europe.

Zain said:
I believe you, sir, have mixed the King with the Emperor.

Rome was ruled by kings before it became a republic, and after the republican period it was ruled by emperors. The difference between a king and an emperor is somewhat subtle, but it's there.

I know difference:
king was career, but emperor was selected to all important occupations, and so is "emperor" is mix of different occupations.

sry for my bad english

Is the single player any way developed yet? I know there is singleplayer, but there is there city architecture the like Peloponnesian War mod?

Glycerius said:
Is the single player any way developed yet? I know there is singleplayer, but there is there city architecture the like Peloponnesian War mod?

not yet

Back
Top Bottom