SP - Economy Can we STOP AI Armies from buy food in our independent towns when it will create -food? Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

I just got a new town, I'm going to go out and buy some extra food and solve village issues, lets look at my food situations with a garrison that's just enough for security.

Boy golly jeez, that's just enough to not have a food issue, good job me, but uh oh what's this I see? A neutral army coming to my town?

I wonder what they were doing in my town....

Oh no they bought too much food and now my barely okay food is totally ****ed up! It's -20 now! I'll have a horrible worthless -loyalty malice by the time I can manually go buy enough food to help it!

@mexxico Can you make the AI armies only buy from thier own towns? This type of stuff constantly ruins the game. I don't care about thier army and It's great if they all starve.
I don't want to help them and I don't want to lose my town because the AI bought the food from it!
What is the point of having a town? I want to put troops in it and I want it to play me money. I don't need any features or mechanics whatsoever that interfere with that.
If you want a food system for the town there should be a NO option for the human player to refuse selling food when it's going to go negative!
It makes no sense for the town to sell food and then starve! I'm posting this as suggestion but if I didn't know better I'd think it was a bug!

Once I own a city, I keep a couple of thousand grain in the stash permanently for these kinds of situations.

Perhaps there should be a way for the owner to establish a minimum market stock level that they wont sell below?

That´s what you have granaries and silos for - storing food for the need of the city! That food should not be available on the market(Unless you own the town or rule it´s faction)!!

I just got a new town, I'm going to go out and buy some extra food and solve village issues, lets look at my food situations with a garrison that's just enough for security.

Boy golly jeez, that's just enough to not have a food issue, good job me, but uh oh what's this I see? A neutral army coming to my town?

I wonder what they were doing in my town....

Oh no they bought too much food and now my barely okay food is totally ****ed up! It's -20 now! I'll have a horrible worthless -loyalty malice by the time I can manually go buy enough food to help it!

@mexxico Can you make the AI armies only buy from thier own towns? This type of stuff constantly ruins the game. I don't care about thier army and It's great if they all starve.
I don't want to help them and I don't want to lose my town because the AI bought the food from it!
What is the point of having a town? I want to put troops in it and I want it to play me money. I don't need any features or mechanics whatsoever that interfere with that.
If you want a food system for the town there should be a NO option for the human player to refuse selling food when it's going to go negative!
It makes no sense for the town to sell food and then starve! I'm posting this as suggestion but if I didn't know better I'd think it was a bug!

Watch out, massive wall of text incoming. And a little rant before actual advices.

Yes. And if refusing, the enemy army should have the option to attack. Not just siege, attack from inside out. They are angry to be unable to resupply. A cruel lord would defenitly slaughter and threaten townsfolk to feed his army. He's already inside the castle, he was neutral and just got told from the merchants they aren't allowed to sell more. There should be a chance that he isn't pleased and with negative relation, maybe even attack. And hurt your people, force them to give out food. You'd prefer to defend an army from the inside out? If you add a denial, you also have to implement a counter. And the AI should also be able to do that. Imagine you are starving your army accidentally, you'd be glad they refuse to give you food? You'd either beg and pay more or threaten.

I think you should be able to reduce or limit how much you will keep, just so they can go on a little longer for the next town. But that would probably Frick up the AI since it will look for the closest town to find food. And that would make it just run back and forth. Also denieng them to resupply would let you abuse that. If they starve or you essentially keep them in place, you can just declare war once they are weak enogh and take the whole army prisoner. It would open too many options to abuse the AI.

I never had food problems in any town below 4k, mostly even 6k prosperity, and if you're above that, let's be honest, you won't care about the little drop(usually I have village growth active once towns are built completely, so their production increases in equal rates to the consumption).... if you're below that, you probably have a too big of a garrison (not the case here), just recently claimed the town, well that's unlucky, or severely misplaced your focus to build the town up. Prosperity costs food, they aren't meant to rise endless. Also not all cities are equal. If you suffer that much under it, buy the breweries in such cities and turn them Into other workshops. Breweries take grain. Grain has the greatest use to restore food rating. If you just recently took a town, temporarely place your whole party if not even parts of your entire army if you have companion, into your town. And wait in town don't just take off for the next siege. Set priorities. Garrison gives security rating. This will temporarily hit food. That's the reason why I never take towns if I have less than 3k food with me. And 2k of that is grain. Flooding towns with grain is the greatest way to restore it until caravans flow back in and stabilize it a little. In the meantime your food feeds your garrison and your garrison restores security. Security restores loyalty aswell. Note FOOD IN STASH IS NOT CONSUMED ONLY IN MARKET.. food in the Grannery cannot be sold to armies. It just doesn't appear there. Bigger grannery also has more reserves and a better food rating. You main problem here is not your food production, but your grannery size. If grannery and market wasn't separated, everyone could just buy all the food in a city and then declare war to siege. Max size granneries take far lighter hits from armies buying food in your towns.

Back
Top Bottom