Users who are viewing this thread

Lord of Banners

Sergeant at Arms
First let me say awesome patch with 1.41. Really brought a lot to the game in a short amount of time.

My only suggestion for this game is to slow down with the constant wars. Battles are great. Figuring out how to beat someone when your kingdom is the underdog is great. But there should be some peace time to recoup losses work on trade skill and rebuild depleted garrisons in towns.
It Doesn’t have to be for long periods but making AI consider garrison levels and overall prosperity (as proportions of total towns and castles) before starting wars would make a huge difference I think, especially for factions who get steamrolled. If nothing else it allows some time to retrain troops and regain militia levels.

Maybe some negative modifiers to town growth, morale hits to armies and/or noble happiness with current leader hits the longer a war drags could also work.

Just my two cents so far!
Like I said great game and great patch, looking forward to future patches!

I enjoyed the longer periods of peace during 1.2 or was it 1.3? Now with 1.4.1 it is constant war everybody against everybody, yeah it gets a bit tiresome after a while. And from my observation so far the economy can`t deal with it really. I`ve seen many citys collapsing with 1.4.1 due to constant war barely holding above 1k prosperity and losing.
The thing with peace is, combat centric characters can find it hard to sustain themself during it, and every playstyle should be viable in my opinion.
It is not that hard reaching 600-800 daily denars for your party. Shops earn something between 30-200 denars a day? Caravans can keep you afloat but that means you NEED to form a caravan if you want to or not.
Unless you own a fief which currently can take a while and we can`t "park" our party with reduced wages possibly - peace can be very stressful for some playthroughs :grin: Before you know it you are back on hunting 5 bandits across half the map.

I think there is a mod which allows you to do "civilian work" in settlements, it is basically the raid progression bar and you earn denars as far as I know. Something like that could be a nice addition to the game, where you can give your army as payed workers for a moment.

It's nothing but constant war now, everyone ends up running around with half an army of recruits cause everyone is emptying all the cities and villages of recruits so you can't even get them.
Currently at war with all but 1 faction, no peace in sight, just running from defending one city to defending the next city, only keeping up because I recruited all the mercenary groups from the western empire that is no more so I can constantly call on their small 40 to 60 group armies to combine into something reasonable to defend a city.
At one point a city got sieged by the Sturgians, gathered an army and attacked them. army disbanded, then the same city got besieged by the Battanians not 4 minutes afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom