Can we run around naked in MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mabons said:
Younes123 said:
The whole point of being naked is going in a disadvantage and only having your skills to save you,

Now correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't played online in quite a while. But it was my experiences that it was almost never worth wearing the heavy armour because you were so slow and still died in one hit to most "good" people anyways(the guys that aim their swings/shots at your head). So it's hardly a disadvantage worth bragging about your "l33t skills".
No matter how good you are, you can't break the rules of the game. You can't die to a greatsword hit to the face at full HP if you're wearing a greathelm.
It depends on context, but in general, armor is well worth the cost in M&B if you ask me. It will slow you down, but in a large groupfight where movement speed isn't as advantageous as protection, you're going to want armor if you can afford it.

You won't get one shot by a greatsword by a naked two hander. I have never seen anyone say that, and the fact you think being naked is an advantage just shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Wearing armor is an absolute must in sieges because you have a high chance to get one shot by archers/crossbows and people always tend to aim for naked two handers because of the little to no armor they have making it even harder.

Mabons said:
Sounds like a lot of *****ing for something really quite minor and tbh is part of a larger problem already covered in the Multiplayer Class System thread.

The main issue is the class system removing player choice. Not being able to run around naked is just a small part of this

Grimsight said:
Mabons said:
Sounds like a lot of *****ing for something really quite minor and tbh is part of a larger problem already covered in the Multiplayer Class System thread.

The main issue is the class system removing player choice. Not being able to run around naked is just a small part of this

Yeah you literally quoted the part where I said that.

Younes123 said:
You won't get one shot by a greatsword by a naked two hander. I have never seen anyone say that, and the fact you think being naked is an advantage just shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Wearing armor is an absolute must in sieges because you have a high chance to get one shot by archers/crossbows and people always tend to aim for naked two handers because of the little to no armor they have making it even harder.

Wearing armour gives no bonuses to how you hit, speed bonus is all that counts, and seeing as you can move faster without armour... and yes you can one shot people with a greatsword, it happened all the time when I played regularly. I did not say being naked was an advantage I said it wasn't as hard as you make it out to be.

And well... duh. But if you're the kind of mongo who runs up ladders naked with no shield then you probably deserve it, that isn't giving yourself a "challenge" that's just plain stupidity.

Anyways this whole argument is moot, the real underlying problem is as I've already said is the class system and there is a massive thread about that already so...

Mabons said:
Grimsight said:
Mabons said:

Yeah you literally quoted the part where I said that.

Younes123 said:

Wearing armour gives no bonuses to how you hit, speed bonus is all that counts, and seeing as you can move faster without armour... and yes you can one shot people with a greatsword, it happened all the time when I played regularly. I did not say being naked was an advantage I said it wasn't as hard as you make it out to be.

And well... duh. But if you're the kind of mongo who runs up ladders naked with no shield then you probably deserve it, that isn't giving yourself a "challenge" that's just plain stupidity.

Anyways this whole argument is moot, the real underlying problem is as I've already said is the class system and there is a massive thread about that already so...

If speed mattered the only thing we would be seeing in the bannerlord beta are peasant levies but we don't. Its even easier to be a naked in bannerlord if it was a thing considering it looks like iron strike is pretty much all the same for all the classes and that all units can ride horses, even a peasant can ride a war horse if he liked that.

I doubt you will be able to one shot someone with a full armor with a greatsword with one swing. If the guy comes full speed running at you he could, but if you can't even block one hit it, shouldn't blame the naked for it

Would it make sense to allow this on private hosted servers? In other words, implement two load out systems. One for official server and another for private servers, which the rules can be changed?

Styo said:
Would it make sense to allow this on private hosted servers? In other words, implement two load out systems. One for official server and another for private servers, which the rules can be changed?

It was mentioned that it would take loads of work and would just make the perk system kind of weak. But even if it was possible taleworlds seems so confident that it will work which i doubt will.

My main issue is that they allow customization for singleplayer like in warband but yet totally ignore the multiplayer scene in that aspect

What even is the ****ing point of this discussion?

Naked two handers was just an exploit of WB's poor balancing that became a meme. The devs fix the problem and it's a bad thing???

My God, just play the Battania Berserker class if you want. They're shirtless and have a big two handed axe. Job done.

RoboSenshi said:
What even is the **** point of this discussion?

Naked two handers was just an exploit of WB's poor balancing that became a meme. The devs fix the problem and it's a bad thing???

My God, just play the Battania Berserker class if you want. They're shirtless and have a big two handed axes. Job done.

Battanian berserkers are really lit too, they use dane axes. One perk gives you a longer dane axe, which is pretty damn good.

I personally don't like the fact that you can't pick your own gear in Bannerlord. Perhaps I got too acquainted to the system in Warband, but it feels too much like "casual-gamers" - oriented now.

Everything in Bannerlord got overcasualized, they wanted to tackle the problems that casuals faced when it comes to playing warband multiplayer, the problem is that they tackled the wrong issues in the most wrong ways.

RoboSenshi said:
They can "overcasualize" multiplayer as much as they want. As long as they leave single player out of it, it's all good. :razz:

Single player was not really rocket science in Warband. I mean, you can kill hordes of high tier enemies as an archer, you can demolish whole armies with a bow. It was literal easy mode for babies.

DanyEle said:
I personally don't like the fact that you can't pick your own gear in Bannerlord. Perhaps I got too acquainted to the system in Warband, but it feels too much like "casual-gamers" - oriented now.

I miss choosing my own gear too, almost like they think I'm not capable of making my own decision and just wanna hinder individual flair

DanyEle said:
That is the crux of the issue. Removing player choice and freedom in MP when the way it worked in Warband was really just fine. The point is being able to play the way you want. If some maniac wants to run around naked with four slots of throwing stones and see how many kills he can get, then that should be encouraged in my opinion. Because that's fun. Having the freedom to experiment with silly loadouts and cream tryhards with them has definitely been a factor that helped extended the MP's shelf-life for me, and I'd wager a lot of others as well.

ehhhhh dont worry to much, once modding tools come out we will fix the game for them like we did before, including fixing their multiplayer for them like in the past.

Back
Top Bottom