Can we please have siege instead of TDM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chaoslian

Veteran
Hello,

as stated in the title, can we please have siege servers instead of TDM in the server browser?
TDM is currently just a frustation generator for every melee infaterist.
The main problem with this are the spawns. I thought this was tested in beta, so how does it come, that it was implemented this way?
You can't have a god damned fight, because there is no "frontline".

I would estimate, that around 70% of my deaths result from 1 of those reasons:
- You get swarmed by 3-15 guys at once
- Some Archer / Javelin guy hit you, while you're in the middle of a fight with someone
- A Cav backstep charges you, while you're in the middle of the fight with someone
- Someone spawned in your back
- You spawned next to 5 enemies
- Multiple Cav user are chargin at you. You can maybe stop the first one, but the second one will get you

All of this doesn't happen in siege. So why is TDM staying? Is anynone currently satisfied playing as infantry in TDM?

Generally playing infantry in all game modes besides Captain can feel quite unsatisfying.
Yeah, but whats currently going on in TDM is ridiculous. In siege you can at least do something, cause you don't get attacked from all sides simultaneously. Have you played the spring map vs. Khuazit? You just get trampled from everywhere, either directly dying to a hit by a lance or a glaive, or you will be thrown to the ground and can't defend yourself.
Archer are also not that big problem in siege, because there are maybe 1 or 2 points where you get shot from. Not 10.

Yea Atleast in warband there’s actual spawn points so there’s a real battlefront with tactics. Right now... it’s a major step backwards. But in my eyes the entire multiplayer scene looks like a child set it up.

TDM is for braindead people, it would be good if it was removed totally so siege servers can get population. It's essentially TDM but with objectives.

All of this doesn't happen in siege. So why is TDM staying? Is anynone currently satisfied playing as infantry in TDM?

Literally all of those happen in Siege. I'll grant you the spawn ones are significantly less common, but it happens. Defender cavalry on attackers' spawn and attackers on defenders' spawn as they're trying to cap a forward point. (Flag F on the Battanian Castle map comes to mind)

I enjoy TDM a lot, playing almost exclusively infantry. No respawn timers and clunky spawns result in continuous, non-stop action. You die a lot more, but deaths also matter far less as there's no downtime in between. It's pure chaos - I can see why some people dislike that, but I love the ephemeral feel to it.

Separate Siege servers should definitely exist though, just not at the cost of TDM.

TDM is for braindead people, it would be good if it was removed totally so siege servers can get population. It's essentially TDM but with objectives.
ive said this many times and i agree 100%. it is the worst game mode, the least amount of fun, and the least skill involved. it is for brain dead people and like i mentioned in another post it needs to be removed entirely to drive people into the game modes that are actually good like siege and skirmish.

one of the funnest times in warband was playing on gk siege and then they opened up tdm and all the brain dead ****ty players started cramming tdm until siege was no longer existent. this game does not need a tdm mode. you cant even properly enjoy/play the game this way

ive said this many times and i agree 100%. it is the worst game mode, the least amount of fun, and the least skill involved. it is for brain dead people and like i mentioned in another post it needs to be removed entirely to drive people into the game modes that are actually good like siege and skirmish.

one of the funnest times in warband was playing on gk siege and then they opened up tdm and all the brain dead ****ty players started cramming tdm until siege was no longer existent. this game does not need a tdm mode. you cant even properly enjoy/play the game this way
The game can exist with TDM what nonsense are you saying. The problem is that the spawnpoints are set like its deathmatch while they should be fixed spawnpoints and the fact teamkill is disabled. The class system is also not helping this.

Back
Top Bottom