Can we please have perks implemented?

Users who are viewing this thread

TW, I'll keep this simple:

In game you have us leveling up and clicking on perks that either DONT WORK or are COMPLETELY UNIMPLEMENTED. Please see http://www.bannerlordperks.com/perk and please listen to a simple reasonable request:

If the perk does not work do not have it in the game.

That's all I ask. If you are going to take an entire year to implement perks, great have fun, but please stop putting in tooltips that are completely false.

PLEASE.

Yes, it's very upsetting to get new sets of non-coded perks. In the past it was more acceptable because at least some of them worked, but for Bow the "Combat" part is 99% of it, without that part coded in it's just update-click-bait.

I'd really like to know why it's taking so long. Is it just the secondary job of a team that works on something more important?
I don't believe it can be because time and deliberation is actually required to make the perks. Some of the second-gen perks are completely thoughtless, such as the Polearm perks to add damage to couched lance or hits to the head...... come on who lives through that anyways?

Yes, it's very upsetting to get new sets of non-coded perks. In the past it was more acceptable because at least some of them worked, but for Bow the "Combat" part is 99% of it, without that part coded in it's just update-click-bait.

I'd really like to know why it's taking so long. Is it just the secondary job of a team that works on something more important?
I don't believe it can be because time and deliberation is actually required to make the perks. Some of the second-gen perks are completely thoughtless, such as the Polearm perks to add damage to couched lance or hits to the head...... come on who lives through that anyways?
The whole perk system just makes me shake my head in disbelief. I personally couldn't care less about it and I'm appalled at the lack of progress. I can't imagine how completely frustrated some people are, not only in how long it's taking but in how poorly this system is thought out. There are a few perks that add some nice spice to the game but most are boring or feel useless.
I use to wonder why this game was in development for so long, but not any longer. TW needs to figure out what they want to do with this system and get it done double time because even diehard fans like myself are losing patience in them and it becomes more and more apparent that there are serious problems with TW themselves.

I think they have more ambitious plans for the perk system that will either take a bit more time to be added or may be dependent on new systems that they just haven't implemented yet. At least that's my guess as to why it is in the state that it currently is in. I've heard rumors of a complete redesign of this system but this is just something I heard over discord so I don't know if it's true or not.

It would be cool to see the perks that don't work be blacked out or something in the UI so that we don't waste our perk choice on a non-functioning perk, and gave us a general idea of what skills were worth leveling up in the current meta-game.

I think they have more ambitious plans for the perk system that will either take a bit more time to be added or may be dependent on new systems that they just haven't implemented yet. At least that's my guess as to why it is in the state that it currently is in. I've heard rumors of a complete redesign of this system but this is just something I heard over discord so I don't know if it's true or not.

It would be cool to see the perks that don't work be blacked out or something in the UI so that we don't waste our perk choice on a non-functioning perk, and gave us a general idea of what skills were worth leveling up in the current meta-game.
That's what they said and I had high hopes for a total do-over, then they started dumping NEW-unfinished depry perk sets and my hopes were dashed.

I wonder if somebody lied in thier job interview and said "Yes I've played all the Fallout games... I am Bethesda big time expert" and they put him in charge of the perks and he went "aaaaaaahhhhh **** it" and watched a youtube video and that's how we got this perk system.

Weren't you in the "it's EA deal with it boomer" team since not long ago??
What happened? You woke up????:smile:)))

Weren't you in the "it's EA deal with it boomer" team since not long ago??
What happened? You woke up????:smile:)))
I've never told people to deal with it or to not play it or any of the cliche mom logic arguments. I just counter-troll people who are overly hostile or just wanna say it's ****. It's not ****, it just needs a **** ton of work and it's coming along very slowly.

It would be nice if they would at least fix the "simple" perks like "+1 companion", "+20 troops for each thief" and stuff like this :sad:

This really can´t be that hard I guess. Maybe speak with the guys from the community patch?

Inappropriate behavior
I've never told people to deal with it or to not play it or any of the cliche mom logic arguments. I just counter-troll people who are overly hostile or just wanna say it's ****. It's not ****, it just needs a **** ton of work and it's coming along very slowly.
You are one of the most toxic blind fans of the game (in the sense that you defend the indefensible with blind eyes) and now you are waking up, well, better late then never, maybe by mistake you will also realize that most of what you see as trolling, was actually not...hahahhaha so much fun reading all of you starting to open your eyes:smile:))

I would really like them to just have the ones they have working so we can at least try them out and see how they can affect the game. Even if they are changing them later this will give them a chance to see what people do with them and maybe avoid doing something they will need to change again.

I also feel though that they really missed on the perks and attribute system, I like the use it improve it model but everything else just isn't working and all my characters and companions seem to feel the same even if they are built differently.

You are one of the most toxic blind fans of the game (in the sense that you defend the indefensible with blind eyes) and now you are waking up, well, better late then never, maybe by mistake you will also realize that most of what you see as trolling, was actually not...hahahhaha so much fun reading all of you starting to open your eyes:smile:))

You sound obnoxious. Toxicity runs on all sides dude.

Agree with OP. Please indicate which perks are implemented and which are placeholders.

No one is "waking up" just now that the refactor is done and the updates are coming again there's feedback to give instead of just trolling your "TW BAD" crowd. Even people like MostBlunted from your camp have switched from trolling to reasoned constructive feedback. Maybe you should get with the times.

Agree with OP. Please indicate which perks are implemented and which are placeholders.

No one is "waking up" just now that the refactor is done and the updates are coming again there's feedback to give instead of just trolling your "TW BAD" crowd. Even people like MostBlunted from your camp have switched from trolling to reasoned constructive feedback. Maybe you should get with the times.

Eh, some people who were fan bois are starting to change their tune. People are bored with the game and becoming more critical of TW.

Eh, some people who were fan bois are starting to change their tune. People are bored with the game and becoming more critical of TW.
There are parts of the game that are ok, there are parts of the game that are good, and there are parts of the game that suck. Calling out TW because of glaring issues doesn't mean someone hates the game. Most people on the forums want the game to be good. Be critical all you want but this post adds nothing to this discussion in fact it's just a distraction.

Last edited:
I’ll echo those saying it would be nice to see which are active ingame. Honestly, for an EA beta I’d be happy with an icon saying “perk not implemented” or something for those that aren’t working yet. That way we can clearly see when planning skill points which would be pointless at this stage.

i don’t mind that some aren’t in yet, it’s just the lack of in game clarity that can be frustrating.

There are parts of the game that are ok, there are parts of the game that are good, and there are parts of the game that suck. Calling out TW because of glaring issues doesn't mean someone hates the game. Most people on the forums want the game to be good. Be critical all you want but this post adds nothing to this discussion in fact it's just a distraction.

Read what I said. I said more people are becoming critical. How does that even remotely mean what you said? Cmon guy.

Back
Top Bottom