Can we please get more information? Please?

Users who are viewing this thread

kapko

Recruit
I left the forums for about a month or so, because I felt like there was just too much negativity in here. I got exited by the 7th development update and the terrain feature over 2 weeks ago - finally some information, yay! Today, I got back to the forums and... the negativity just hit me like a truck.

TaleWorlds, for f*cks sake, why do you not communicate with people?!

Seriously, why? Is it really so hard to get someone on the forums for 2 hours a day and communicate with people? Is it really so hard to tell your fans what you are planning with the game? What features you want to implement? What you are currently working on? What progress has been made? Or is it really so confidential information that telling people would ruin the game for everyone? C'mon!

The only reason people are so negative about the game development is the lack of information. If you actually told us about features like the battle terrain from the dev update, people would be more understanding, since it must take considerable time to implement it properly. Instead we only had void. Emptiness. Dark that gets a little bit brighter every time people like mexxico talk to the community or when you finally release those few development updates. Nobody talked to people before that dev update and nobody talked after it released. Just tell us more! It does not matter how small or big it is just tell us. Give us some weekly updates. Whatever. People need to know that you are not just wasting time, but actually working on the game. And I know it is harsh to say like that, but that is how many people on this forum see it.

One of the main purposes of early access is to communicate with people and get their opinion on things/updates/new features and mechanics/etc. Just leave 1 or 2 people to communicate on the forums for 2 hour a day and allow them tell people about the current state of the game. We deserve to know so please don't let us down.

One of the main purposes of early access is to communicate with people and get their opinion on things/updates/new features and mechanics/etc. Just leave 1 or 2 people to communicate on the forums for 2 hour a day and allow them tell people about the current state of the game. We deserve to know so please don't let us down.
They probably would if they could, but communication is so bad internally that they don't even know themselves. One of the clear issues I see with TW is there lack of cohesiveness and it has a major impact to what the Devs know about overall and what they know about in there little silos. So to expect anyone even the community managers to be able to know enough to talk about things is a tall order (if they cant do it internally then how would they do it externally?).

The only person who understands it all is Armagan and he doesn't come here anymore. I don't know why, but once EA released he stopped all communication on the forums (he was active during the MP closed beta). I think the blame rests solely on his shoulders.

Last edited:
Their "community manager" is like this for weeks:

dd0.png

But a few devs keep talking to us with their insights....

TW's community managers are some of the most brilliant trolls. They are getting paid to piss off an entire community; I envy them so much.

But they´re pretty good when it comes down to post broken patch notes, I´ll give them that....or to advise players to verify their Steam files to resolve bugs....

I left the forums for about a month or so, because I felt like there was just too much negativity in here. I got exited by the 7th development update and the terrain feature over 2 weeks ago - finally some information, yay! Today, I got back to the forums and... the negativity just hit me like a truck.

TaleWorlds, for f*cks sake, why do you not communicate with people?!

Seriously, why? Is it really so hard to get someone on the forums for 2 hours a day and communicate with people? Is it really so hard to tell your fans what you are planning with the game? What features you want to implement? What you are currently working on? What progress has been made? Or is it really so confidential information that telling people would ruin the game for everyone? C'mon!

The only reason people are so negative about the game development is the lack of information. If you actually told us about features like the battle terrain from the dev update, people would be more understanding, since it must take considerable time to implement it properly. Instead we only had void. Emptiness. Dark that gets a little bit brighter every time people like mexxico talk to the community or when you finally release those few development updates. Nobody talked to people before that dev update and nobody talked after it released. Just tell us more! It does not matter how small or big it is just tell us. Give us some weekly updates. Whatever. People need to know that you are not just wasting time, but actually working on the game. And I know it is harsh to say like that, but that is how many people on this forum see it.

No that isn't completely right. I am a bit negative because most of the features I was looking forward to have been cut or scaled back dramatically. I am also a bit negative because there doesn't seem to have been much progress that took place during the 9 month break I took to allow the game to have tons of progress. I am also a bit negative that EA was supposed to be wrapping up but it is looking like we have 6-12 more months of EA. As someone who is primarily looking forward to the mods, this is a huge backward step because the modders aren't going to waste their time when the gaming is changing ever 2-4 weeks.

So for me, the lack of information isn't a problem, it is the lack of promised features and lack of progress that is most concerning to me.

I am also a bit negative because there doesn't seem to have been much progress that took place during the 9 month break I took to allow the game to have tons of progress.
They haven't even fixed siege AI that's been broken since release and is basically 1/3 of the game, all we got were balance/bugfixes and 2-3 really small features since EA release, they have showed some cool features in the making recently but there are so many announced already to be implemented "soon" that i wouldn't be surprized if we pass this entire year without seeing them in-game at this pace.

Last edited:
No that isn't completely right. I am a bit negative because most of the features I was looking forward to have been cut or scaled back dramatically. I am also a bit negative because there doesn't seem to have been much progress that took place during the 9 month break I took to allow the game to have tons of progress. I am also a bit negative that EA was supposed to be wrapping up but it is looking like we have 6-12 more months of EA. As someone who is primarily looking forward to the mods, this is a huge backward step because the modders aren't going to waste their time when the gaming is changing ever 2-4 weeks.

So for me, the lack of information isn't a problem, it is the lack of promised features and lack of progress that is most concerning to me.
The most disappointing thing is that TW seems to ignore some of the game mechanics/features that were in the franchise and made their games so special, in fact the most played mods expanded them so I think that many players expected a big improvement on these areas and what happened is that rather than improved they have been eliminated.

So it is normal than some people are shocked and irritated.

The lack of communication would be GREATLY APPRECIATED if only it came with an astonishing comeback a la "No Man's Sky."
I'm not seeing that kind of progress, though.

I think they don't speak English.
Who doesn't speak English?

Armagan speaks English.
Several of their Turkish employees speak perfectly good English as we have seen both on videos, streams and posts here.
Callum is British. Do I have to point out that English is his first language?
Marda is Swedish unless I am severely mistaken, and thus speaks English. (We start learning English when we are 8 )

Last edited:
My point is that even as they are cutting features, it would not be that bad if they just talk to us about the reasons and not just tell us that it would make the game complicated (I hate that "reason").
Even If they work slowly on the game, it is not that bad as long as they give us some regular updates.

They probably would if they could, but communication is so bad internally that they don't even know themselves. One of the clear issues I see with TW is there lack of cohesiveness and it has a major impact to what the Devs know about overall and what they know about in there little silos. So to expect anyone even the community managers to be able to know enough to talk about things is a tall order (if they cant do it internally then how would they do it externally?).

If they are not able to give us anything together, then let them give us something separately. Why not make weekly updates - each week they go to different team and they would talk about what they did from the last time they were featured, what they are doing at the moment and what are their near future plans.
I think that alone would brighten this forum a bit. And if Armagan does not want to show up, then whatever, just let someone else do the job.

Back
Top Bottom