MP Can we please be able to couch pikes and spears as infantry?

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title says, not being able to hold out your pike towards an incoming horse is a bit silly. Why do we have to poke and get the timing right? It makes Calvary too op against everything without an effective counter.

It honestly wouldn't be good unless it was too good, we just need spears and pikes to actually rear horses and deal damage to horses when they physically run into your stab.

you should be able to brace a spear or pike

698e8a4325da94247147fd0be5786d8d.jpg

It honestly wouldn't be good unless it was too good, we just need spears and pikes to actually rear horses and deal damage to horses when they physically run into your stab.
Ya, spears are pretty ineffective against cav right now compared to Warband.

Just increase the Damage against Horses.
Something like a Function to brace a Spear is useless if your Spear is shorter as a couched Lance.

As the title says, not being able to hold out your pike towards an incoming horse is a bit silly. Why do we have to poke and get the timing right? It makes Calvary too op against everything without an effective counter.
I remember they had a mechanic like this in Pw when you crouched with a pike, and it was honestly kinda useless unless you where trolling

Sounds like it would be a good suggestion since horses are currently broken in MP because bots don't know how to fight against them. Heavy cavalry can run straight into a spear wall with no consequence because the bots won't even swing at them

If a horse is moving fast enough that a rider on it can couch a lance then that horse running into a spear should be catastrophically damaging and fatal to the horse and perhaps the rider....

I remember they had a mechanic like this in Pw when you crouched with a pike, and it was honestly kinda useless unless you where trolling

It worked really well in groups and if you hid around a corner with it. It would be cool to see it in Bannerlord although you can counter it easily with archers and infantry.

Pretty sure I remember doing this in WFaS multiplayer lol. I believe pikes could brace in that game and it WAS effective at stopping horses from entering chokes and such. I remember a few guys doing it at the entrance of a breach on a siege map to keep cavalry out of an area and it seemed effective enough. But I didnt play that game very much online(then again who did)

Back
Top Bottom