Can we have our spears go up and down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone that has played Napoleonic Wars can tell you that the bayonets having upper and lower stabs is very good as it adds variety to spear combat.
Can we have this added to native, where spears have upper and lower stabs, especially with shields? It makes people want to use shields with spears and makes the overhead slash with a spear look less like it is going to break when you hit them.

Metalfist said:
You mean like Rome at War? I suppose it would make the spear more usable in anything but a deathmatch.

I haven't played Rome at War, nobody ever seems to be on, but if it has overhead stabs and they can be put in vanilla I think combat would be improved.
Deluge has something like this, but the over-head stabs in that are very imprecise being like a lurch forward with it, like they should be if you are using a pike.

On the other side however I like Warband spears as they are because it is an arcade game and it should play like an arcade type game.

Rome at War has events with 100 - 150 people in it. Just saying.

I totally agree with this. Spears are near useless with shields, and without the shields then you're exposed. People use lances to face cavalry anyway, so spears are nearly redundant for the player without more diverse spear moves.

Back
Top Bottom