SP - General Can we have an option to save the blueprints of weapons we smith?

Users who are viewing this thread

So far i'm really enjoy the smithing, tho i do play with mods that remove the annoying stamina feature of it. I think that part of smithing is really limiting and un-fun. But everything else tho is great, and i'm looking forward to more features to it, like armor and shield making.

the one thing i wish the smithing feature would have is a save option. I feel like i make some really nice weapons and i would love to make them again when i have the right materials or when i have the high enough skill to make them without any debuffs. but currently since there's no save option, I always have to brain storm how the weapon looked and most times it's not worth it to make a replica so i have to make something new. Which isn't always a bad thing. But i wish i could just have all the blueprints saved of weapons that i made.

So far i'm really enjoy the smithing, tho i do play with mods that remove the annoying stamina feature of it. I think that part of smithing is really limiting and un-fun. But everything else tho is great, and i'm looking forward to more features to it, like armor and shield making.

the one thing i wish the smithing feature would have is a save option. I feel like i make some really nice weapons and i would love to make them again when i have the right materials or when i have the high enough skill to make them without any debuffs. but currently since there's no save option, I always have to brain storm how the weapon looked and most times it's not worth it to make a replica so i have to make something new. Which isn't always a bad thing. But i wish i could just have all the blueprints saved of weapons that i made.

+1

Your suggestion, which is excellent, bumps into (and maybe would even solve) more "issues" than meets the eye.

As is mentioned here, the game currently seems to not be able to differentiate between player crafted and non player crafted weapons. By the looks of it, at game creation weapons are loaded from the XMLs and stored somewhere in the save file. Once the player crafts a weapon, a new entry is added to that save file's weapons list, regardless of whether there are already other absolutely identical entries (same name, same parts, same sizes and same attributes) in the list. That's why player crafted weapons are later found in shops for sale and only stack with game spawned versions of the item. If the player crafts the "same item" (which to the game is actually another item, although absolutely identical in all aspects), it won't stack with the others.

I believe (hope) the crafting system is not fully finished.

A system needs to implemented in which crafting weapons with the exact same name, parts, sizes and attributes (since there can be normal, fine, masterwork and legendary versions, each with different attributes) doesn't result in a new entry in the weapons list. There should also definitely be a list somewhere accessible by the player with all weapons crafted by them (which I assume is the suggestion made by this post). We should be able to just recraft the same item (and have it stack with others). We should also be able to delete items from the blueprints list. It sucks to see that trash item you crafted by accident or just to level smithing up being replicated everywhere. I think we should also have a say in which player crafted items get to be replicated by shops.

It sounds like before that's even possible, though, some deeper changes might need to happen in the underlying systems. I just hope they don't leave smithing exactly like it is. At the moment I just avoid it in all my games.

Back
Top Bottom