SP - General Can we get an option to marry wanderers/companions into other houses so we can strengthen alliances?

Users who are viewing this thread

This topic came up between me and my brother how we typically play mount and blade is we choice a companion in each other single player game as a personification of each other so it makes us feel like we a playing coop since wanderers join as members of your clan and many have backstorys of which they are trying to leave their old life behind having the ability to marry them off to strengthen you kingdom especially if they are running a party in your royal name since kings/princes where known to arrange marriages for retainers/entourage as a reward for loyal service or we could ask the wanderers if we could adopt them into the clans as lesser family members such as cousins since we as the main character are ourselves pretending we are from a distant noble family it make since that "family" would of many eligible bachelors/ bachelorettes

P.S I love the games iv played everyone of them and wanted to thank all the developers/team for all the hard work you guys are putting into the game

I believe makes more sense you marry off members of your own dynasty, since companions that join your clan are not really part of your clan. But more like bodyguards, tutors, squires (medieval things).. As I see it, of course, other may have different opinions. But, I'd love see the ability to "noble" them, allowing them getting lands and build up their own dynasty. Companions can be seen as commoners, they have no place in the high aristocracy unless they managed to climb, like you if your choice in the character creation was a coomon beggining and not son of a lord... 1.4.3 will allow you to bring back your brothers and your little siblings back, so that's good news.

I'd even love the option to marry one of my male members into matrilineal marriages. Marry him to the heiress of a noble house into her dynasty

Last edited:
I believe makes more sense you marry off members of your own dynasty, since companions that join your clan are not really part of your clan. But more like bodyguards, tutors, squires (medieval things).. As I see it, of course, other may have different opinions. But, I'd love see the ability to "noble" them, allowing them getting lands and build up their own dynasty. Companions can be seen as commoners, they have no place in the high aristocracy unless they managed to climb, like you if your choice in the character creation was a coomon beggining and not son of a lord... 1.4.3 will allow you to bring back your brothers and your little siblings back, so that's good news.

I'd even love the option to marry one of my male members into matrilineal marriages. Marry him to the heiress of a noble house into her dynasty
Thats what I mean we are forming our own dynasty from scratch we could adopt them in and quote unquote call them that it was more common for noblity to adopt a commoner into their fold then grant a commoner noblity mostly as a way to grant them a title and keep fiefs and other claims in the family to strengthen it and it gives you some others to marry off without having to give up your children who could be used for major alliances such as royal familys instead of other houses this practice was common especially Heraldic adoption (Polish: adopcja herbowa), was in the Kingdom of Poland a legal form of ennoblement and adoption into an existing heraldic clan; along with assuming the coat of arms of that clan it took place as a result of an act issued by the King. The adoption of heraldic arms was a procedure used solely in Polish heraldry and was one of the earlier "old way" forms of ennoblement in Poland. It became particularly popular in the 15th century, especially with prosperous or prestigious city burghers and patricians aspiring to attain noble status, but was abolished by the first half of the 17th century.

Yes, the practice was common through europe and among ages, but mostly those "adopted" commoners, were born in high ranks or had relations to lineage.. just like in Ancient Rome.. Patricians could adopt Plebeians, Plebeians at some point could adopt Patricians. But, all of them were born in the higher ranks of society. None were commoners... Except of course and this a very rare exception the so called "barracks Emperors"...
I'd love to get an adoption system, but since we start with two brothers and one sister It's a pretty much a high step to build your fortunes and relations to other clans

I think both ideas are good. They aren't exclusive and would make great additions both. The player is a con artist faking nobility anyway so is it that farfetched for them to expand a line with other false lords and lady's that you hire on? I think it would work great mechanic wise to adopt and marry off companions even if there was a fee for it to "forge papers" so that you can marry the noble lines before everyone is too old. Just my stance but I really like the idea to expand with adoption.

I think both ideas are good. They aren't exclusive and would make great additions both. The player is a con artist faking nobility anyway so is it that farfetched for them to expand a line with other false lords and lady's that you hire on? I think it would work great mechanic wise to adopt and marry off companions even if there was a fee for it to "forge papers" so that you can marry the noble lines before everyone is too old. Just my stance but I really like the idea to expand with adoption.
I don't think the avatar is faking specially if you choose the noble background for your father

I don't think the avatar is faking specially if you choose the noble background for your father
i dont believe there is a nobility option in the family background the closest is Aserai or Khuzait

VLANDIANSSTURGIANSEMPIREASERAIKHUZAITSBATTANIANS
Baron’s retainers: Boyar’s companions: Landlord’s retainers: Kinsfolk of emir: Noyan’s kinsfolkChieftain’s hearthguard

which are all basically retainers/bodyguards in each culture

I wasnt referring to any backgrounds. The brother tells you to make up a distant noble name so he can find you. This means that even if you were a noble you arent using your own family name and are falsely claiming a nonexistent house. I understand your idea for the backgrounds but the brothers dialogue at the start of a new game immediately overrides your prior life if you went with a homeless street urchin or a courtier to a noble line. I hope that doesn't seem rude at all.

Back
Top Bottom