Can we get a few new maps for console multiplayer?

Will they add new maps to the Console multiplayer?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Slagar100

Recruit
Console Xbox player here but I suppose I speak for PlayStation too. The game released 1 year & 8 months ago for us. We’re approaching our 2 year mark with absolutely no update for the multiplayer aspect of the game besides a few server glitch fixes. We have had the same 3 Teamdeath match maps & 5 Siege maps for that entire time.
Surprisingly for some there is still an active community on Xbox multiplayer. We have about 200-300 devoted players who play every week & because the game is free on Xbox gamepass we attract somewhere between 300-800 new players to the multiplayer every month still. Very few of those new players stick around though because the multiplayer is to say the least, stale. Many old loyal players have left & the ones who remain like me are stuck playing the same old maps/modes & it reaching its tipping point.
Im afraid of what the future holds because the player population levels have dropped dramatically over the passed few months & the multiplayer population remaining won’t last long by the end of the year.
In march of this year there was a sly little update were they changed the siege castle map “Barevenos Encirclement” from a daytime map to nighttime map which was an excellent change for our sakes. But then 6 hours later they removed it before anyone could notice & the night version was gone forever. I screen recorded it , it happened so quick almost no one believed me.

You can’t tell us you don’t have the maps because the PC version has 3 specific maps “Imperial Villa, Trading Post, & Proving Grounds” that we just don’t get have on console. We don’t need all the fancy custom downloaded maps PC has , but we do need those 3 specific maps that seem to be default.

Again those team deathmatch maps “Trading post”, “Proving Grounds” (which we already have for duels) & by god “Imperial Villa” because that map looks so sick!! As someone who plays everyday I can garuntee it will save the online portion of the community.

Please by god don’t just hang us out to dry. There’s still lots of people on there who are still hanging on.

On their official site it even lists imperial Villa as a teamdeath map

Yet its excluded for consoles

Trading Post is a Skirmish map, not a TDM one.
Proving Grounds is a Duel map, not a TDM one.
Imperial Villa is... a TDM map? But very small, hence it is not used on TWs official servers.

The Fandom wiki is not an official site. It is also outdated, there are more Skirmish maps now.

PC has the same amount of (official) maps, and near noone plays on unofficial servers for multiple reasons.

Should we both have more? Yeah.
Would converting some Captain/Skirmish maps (like Trading Post) to TDM maps be super easy and a free win? Yeah.
Will TW do so? :neutral:

Trading Post is a Skirmish map, not a TDM one.
Proving Grounds is a Duel map, not a TDM one.
Imperial Villa is... a TDM map? But very small, hence it is not used on TWs official servers.

The Fandom wiki is not an official site. It is also outdated, there are more Skirmish maps now.

PC has the same amount of (official) maps, and near noone plays on unofficial servers for multiple reasons.

Should we both have more? Yeah.
Would converting some Captain/Skirmish maps (like Trading Post) to TDM maps be super easy and a free win? Yeah.
Will TW do so? :neutral:
I have screenshots from just yesterday playing teamdeath match on my laptop. On the end game voting screen they have 6 TDM maps to choose from including “Imperial Villa, Trading Post & Proving Grounds. They were incredibly fun to play on & it’s a crime the Xbox community can never experience those maps.

I have screenshots from just yesterday playing teamdeath match on my laptop. On the end game voting screen they have 6 TDM maps to choose from including “Imperial Villa, Trading Post & Proving Grounds. They were incredibly fun to play on & it’s a crime the Xbox community can never experience those maps.
cool, thats not an official server then. those maps are not part of official PC TDM, either.

Considering that PC players would consider themselves lucky if TaleWorlds actually got around to improving the multiplayer at all, I think it's safe to assume that M&B MP on console has reached end of life.

M and B has never really been a console game so there's no surprise with the game's mp dying that console dies first. Perhaps enabling cross play would help but could make it worse.

Back
Top Bottom