Can we get a better AI Please?

Users who are viewing this thread

I wouldn't call it smart with how the player can exploit this behavior when the AI try to seize them. They're too binary in term of committing the force, to the point of feeling too zergy. Of course, the opposite of AI always commit to a fight when it's not possible to win isn't smart either, but neither one where they only fight when victory is certain is a good system, despite how it sounds. Again, the reason why the player can cheese and exploit the AI because it's 100% predictable.

They should have it work based on a threshold. Like a 10% disadvantage is considered an acceptable risk, then have the AI roll a dice based on this probability to see whether it will accept the risk or not.

Unless something changed, traits adjusted the aggressiveness of the AI. Since no one memorizes all the AI lords' traits, that good enough for random purposes.

The battlesimulation also need some kind of probability dependency as well, not just straight up number crunch with all hard constant. There is a reason in pretty much all combat system have a "chance" or "roll" mechanism behind it, otherwise things become predictable, and predictable = begging for exploit.

It does operate on probability, not just hard calculations. Think of autocalc like this: if I give you a dice with six sides and I roll a dice with eight sides, rolling higher your dice it would be totally normal. If we rolled three times, and you still won more than me, that would still be unremarkable.

But if we rolled 500 times and you won more often? Unusual. BL autocalc is closer to 500 dice rolls than 1.

Back
Top Bottom