Can vanilla companions and troops be removed from the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know how to add more of them, but can the ones the game already have be removed? I would like to make sure the game never generates vanilla companions, only custom ones, and i want to reform the troop trees and some units i just want gone instead of edited, how to do it?

At this point I don't think people have been able to do it. Looking through the source code, I think it would be possible by creating your own, entirely new, GameType.

You would have to copy the vast majority of the structure from the existing source code and change the bits that you want to. In theory this would allow you to replace everything in the base game but in practice it would be quite harrowing.

It will probably need to be done by the big total overhaul mods like the GOT and LOTR guys though.

Argh, i really prefer to keep it as simple as possible because i wanna run several other mods with it and conflicts would arise
I heard that setting isTemplate = false in the xml might make the game ignore a companion template, but still haven't tested it

Back
Top Bottom