can tw please communicate more?

Users who are viewing this thread

@Callum Why not maybe making a weekly Q&A thread (divided between SP and MP) where you and the team answer like you are doing today, i think a lot of people will be pleased and is easier to find your answers as right now they are

I will bring it up internally to see if this is something we would want to do. I'm not sure it would make sense to do weekly though tbh (not enough changes each week for it to be of much value to anyone), but maybe we could do something like that once in a while, after a large update or whatever.

Ooh we went down from soon to yet so progress?

It definitely won't be anytime soon. :razz:

Battle when?
Real duel server when?
Team damage and reworked spawns on tdm when?
Fixed horse glitch that crash server when?
Do you really think you can fully release the game in march?

Battle when?
Real duel server when?
Seems like its coming ifk

In terms of maps, we will continue to add them gradually and most likely showcase them in the dev update videos as we did with the recent MP maps that were added.

For game modes, I can say that we are working on both Duel and a single life (battle type) game mode. However, I don't have any estimates on when they will arrive just yet.

As for events, it would definitely be cool to have some themed events throughout the year, but right now I think the devs are more focused on the missing MP features, such as VoIP, a ranking and progression system, etc. It is something that I think we will explore in the future though!

Battle when?
Real duel server when?

I'm not sure we will have team damage in TDM. Reflective damage might be a possibility though, but that's up to the MP team to decide.

I'm also not sure if this horse glitch is a known issue or not. Have you made a report about this in the tech support section? If so, then I'm sure the devs are aware of it and working on a solution. There is a hotfix coming that does fix a couple of MP crashes but I'm not sure if they are related to this specific bug.

And we still aim to hit that full release around a year after the EA release, but we will delay it if it isn't ready by that point.

" I don't have any estimates on when they will arrive just yet. "
" we will explore in the future though! "
Communication at its finest

Would you prefer that I lie to you and make dates up?

I'm not sure we will have team damage in TDM. Reflective damage might be a possibility though, but that's up to the MP team to decide.

I'm also not sure if this horse glitch is a known issue or not. Have you made a report about this in the tech support section? If so, then I'm sure the devs are aware of it and working on a solution. There is a hotfix coming that does fix a couple of MP crashes but I'm not sure if they are related to this specific bug.

And we still aim to hit that full release around a year after the EA release, but we will delay it if it isn't ready by that point.

Yes, the horse glitch has been pointed out for months, and is probably still used to crash servers. When I asked about it on the map editor stream, I got timed out, the same way many people got timed out for asking controversial questions that deserved an answer. The same glitch that was present in warband. I am pretty sure I wrote on the bug reports section about how to make the glitch and how to block people from doing it until you fix the textures causing the glitch.

"Would you prefer that I lie to you and make dates up?"
No, I would prefer that you communicate on WHY it's taking the time it's taking, on what is causing you trouble in the process of making those game modes. I would prefer that you tell us what you are currently planning on adding in the battle mode and duel mode. I would prefer that you explain why you only refer to it as "single life mode" and not battle mode. What's the difference between the two? Is it a new gamemode or a battle gamemode? How are you planning to make it work with the current class system? Explaining the process of your work will be way more effective than saying "we can't give you an exact date yet".

There is a difference between giving me an exact date and communicating on features. I would expect a community manager to make the difference between those two things.

That's it.

Hey! Rabbit is sad. You deliberately ignored the question about the Battle mode which is the core of any MB game.

Yes, the horse glitch has been pointed out for months, and is probably still used to crash servers. When I asked about it on the map editor stream, I got timed out, the same way many people got timed out for asking controversial questions that deserved an answer. The same glitch that was present in warband. I am pretty sure I wrote on the bug reports section about how to make the glitch and how to block people from doing it until you fix the textures causing the glitch.

No, I would prefer that you communicate on WHY it's taking the time it's taking, on what is causing you trouble in the process of making those game modes. I would prefer that you tell us what you are currently planning on adding in the battle mode and duel mode. I would prefer that you explain why you only refer to it as "single life mode" and not battle mode. What's the difference between the two? Is it a new gamemode or a battle gamemode? How are you planning to make it work with the current class system? Explaining the process of your work will be way more effective than saying "we can't give you an exact date yet".

There is a difference between giving me an exact date and communicating. I would expect a community manager to make the difference between those two things.

That's it.
It's a kinder surprise. You will only know when you open the kinder if it's a ****ty toy, or a great toy.

There is a difference between giving me an exact date and communicating on features. I would expect a community manager to make the difference between those two things.

That's it.

For the horse glitch, I personally wasn't aware of it before now, but if you can direct me to a thread detailing the issue I will be sure to chase it up and find out what is causing it and see if there is a solution in the works for it. And to be clear, are you saying that you was kicked from a stream chat for asking a question? Because clearly that is a big issue. Could you tell me what platform (Twitch, FB, Steam, YouTube) this was on? I'd be happy to investigate it further.

It takes the time it takes because we have a limited amount of people working on MP. We aren't a huge AAA studio that can throw 100 people at MP development and pump content out. We are doing the best we can with the rescources we have, and a lot of the time we have to prioritise work which we deem to be more important. But, at the end of the day, the game is still in early access and we were quite clear to people that the game was in an unfinished state and that they should hold off until the full release if they wanted a complete game.

Duel mode will be akin to Warband's duel mode, in that you can request a duel from someone and then fight them in a 1v1. There will be a few small differences though that will be shared in a development update once the gamemode is ready.

I refer to it as a single life game mode because it won't be identical to Warband's battle mode. For a start, we have the class system in Bannerlord, which will, of course, be featured in this new game mode. I don't want to give people the impression that it will be the same as Warband's battle because there will be noticeable differences like this. And, just like Duel, this will be discussed in a dev update when it is ready and most likely not before.

Hey! Rabbit is sad. You deliberately ignored the question about the Battle mode which is the core of any MB game.

Because it was already answered in the thread.

For the horse glitch, I personally wasn't aware of it before now, but if you can direct me to a thread detailing the issue I will be sure to chase it up and find out what is causing it and see if there is a solution in the works for it. And to be clear, are you saying that you was kicked from a stream chat for asking a question? Because clearly that is a big issue. Could you tell me what platform (Twitch, FB, Steam, YouTube) this was on? I'd be happy to investigate it further.

It takes the time it takes because we have a limited amount of people working on MP. We aren't a huge AAA studio that can throw 100 people at MP development and pump content out. We are doing the best we can with the rescources we have, and a lot of the time we have to prioritise work which we deem to be more important. But, at the end of the day, the game is still in early access and we were quite clear to people that the game was in an unfinished state and that they should hold off until the full release if they wanted a complete game.

Duel mode will be akin to Warband's duel mode, in that you can request a duel from someone and then fight them in a 1v1. There will be a few small differences though that will be shared in a development update once the gamemode is ready.

I refer to it as a single life game mode because it won't be identical to Warband's battle mode. For a start, we have the class system in Bannerlord, which will, of course, be featured in this new game mode. I don't want to give people the impression that it will be the same as Warband's battle because there will be noticeable differences like this. And, just like Duel, this will be discussed in a dev update when it is ready and most likely not before.

Because it was already answered in the thread.
Thanks a lot that's much better ^^
About the time it takes and why I was mostly referring to the technical issues you encounter rather than manpower. Like what problems have you encountered gameplay-wise when making the two game modes and how do you expect to solve them?
I am pretty sure my comment got deleted on the youtube stream and I personally know @Aura (Zaffa) got timed out for asking about downloading maps on the workshop because we were both surprised about this after the stream.
Here is the glitch in action, I couldn't find the thread where I was developing on how it works but I can redo it if it's necessary (although MrArda claimed it was already a known issue)

@Callum

And now for something completely different:
I guess TW is aware that Class Restrictions habe been used in the European competetiv
Skirmish tournaments.
It is something that varies greatly from the regular Skirmish matches.
What does Taleworlds think about that?
Is it frowned upon or might it be revisited if there is an actual ranked mode released?
Or do you consider it when looking at the classes balance?

I'm almost certain that it wasn't a moderator action that caused them to time out from chat (there would be a clear notice saying they had been muted, banned, etc.). It is possible that some messages were moderated though if they weren't about the modding tools. I will bring this up with the people who moderated the chat and make sure this doesn't happen again in future.

And thanks for the link, I will follow up on it and report back when I know more.

@Callum

And now for something completely different:
I guess TW is aware that Class Restrictions habe been used in the European competetiv
Skirmish tournaments.
It is something that varies greatly from the regular Skirmish matches.
What does Taleworlds think about that?
Is it frowned upon or might it be revisited if there is an actual ranked mode released?
Or do you consider it when looking at the classes balance?

I don't think we would ever look to restrict or limit class types (ranged, cav, etc.) through the game and instead would look to balance the classes further.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain that it wasn't a moderator action that caused them to time out from chat (there would be a clear notice saying they had been muted, banned, etc.). It is possible that some messages were moderated though if they weren't about the modding tools. I will bring this up with the people who moderated the chat and make sure this doesn't happen again in future.

And thanks for the link, I will follow up on it and report back when I know more.

I don't think we would ever look to restrict or limit class types (ranged, cav, etc.) through the game and instead would look to balance the classes further.
Both questions were somehow related to maps. Mine was about the textures making server crash and Zaffa's about how people would have to DL map on custom servers

the main thing I'm having trouble understanding is how some - to me simple looking - things are taking this long.
For example, a fix for the twohander problem that was introduced more than 2 months ago still does not have a date or even a rough timeframe to go live.
You have a solution and (I think) it's on beta servers (that noone can access) - why can it not be pushed to live servers through a hotfix?

Another thing that I can't stop wondering about is why the two gamemodes we keep getting teased about are taking so long - I think the first time we've heard of the battle-type mode was probably first last year, and we're still waiting with no details. Similarly for duel, it's been teased for a couple of months but it's still not in sight yet. Whats going on? No maps for it, tons of bugs within the modes themselves or are there really that many issues outside of the mode that take precedence over what most people here are looking forward to?

Maybe either of these would be explained if we knew how many people actually worked on the Multiplayer/what parts of it. I don't ask for "this person is to ""blame"" for that, this one for that, ..." but some plain numbers would be nice.

Here is the glitch in action, I couldn't find the thread where I was developing on how it works but I can redo it if it's necessary (although MrArda claimed it was already a known issue)

According to our QA, this was fixed in a previous patch. However, if you are saying it is still an issue we will test it again.

Both questions were somehow related to maps. Mine was about the textures making server crash and Zaffa's about how people would have to DL map on custom servers

What do you mean about textues making servers crash?

And custom servers are still a long way away, and that includes any features or additional systems like automatically downloading maps from the server, etc.

Just want to say thanks for dropping by and communicating a bit with the community, got some interesting snippets of info in this thread :grin:

Back
Top Bottom