Can TW give an explanation on spawns and flags?

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the interesting parts of skirmish is the flags, currently only a select amount of experienced players know how the flags work and TW players know it. It would improve the gameplay tactics if people know how the flags would exactly work to manipulate fights on certain places and have battles for flags.

Xauna is a great example of this, C is neutral ground B and A have very good spawns for certain teams. This map has a great flag game, which makes it a lot of fun to play IMO. That not every spawn is balanced makes it fun. But then the problem is that no one really knows how the spawning works except for some select people within TW.

Spawns are somewhat forceable, Xauna is very reliable in this but all the other maps it is mostly magic. Forcing a spawn behind B on Xauna is very powerful if used correctly.

So my question is if TW can give an explanation on the flags and spawns so there is a little less RNG in the game and more tactics.

So @Callum @AVRC @NIN3 @MArdA TaleWorlds , can someone maybe write a guide about spawns and flags?

Honestly, i would prefer if a dev answer to this instead of people who know.

It's not our job to explain how skirmish works, it's the developers to explain that to new players.

If you want people to play skirmish, teach them how it works.

No idea about the spawning system, but flags works like this(for people who doesn't know);
If each team has one flag and one is unoccupied it will be the remaining flag.
If your team has 2 flags, no matter if enemy has the other flag or not it will be either of your flags, randomized I think.
If you have 2 flags but enemy is in the process of taking it and if they don't take it by the time timer runs out but still inside the area, remaining flag will be that one.
If none of the teams have flags than it will be random between the three. (if you start taking one, remaining will be the one you're taking, i think but im not sure)
If you have a flag and remaining 2 are neutral, remaining flag will be the taken one(I think)

Flags:
The algorithm has some factors it will decide on which flags to remove, if those factors dont give a clear flag candidate it will choose a flag by random.
  • If a team has 2 flags, one of those flags will be the last one (preferably one that is contested).
  • If both teams have 1 flag, it will be the neutral flag.
  • If no flags are captured it will be a random flag (preferably one that is contested).
  • If only 1 flag is captured it will be a random neutral flag preferably one that is contested).
The contest radius is about 1.5m bigger than the capture radius of given flag.

Spawns:
I can't say much about them, since I don't know the full algorithm. In theory there is nothing like “disabled” spawns. All spawns can be spawned at, but the algorithm prefers to spawn you:
  1. Close to friendlies
  2. Away from enemies
  3. Close to flags
Honestly I might have gotten a few details wrong. If players have any other experience please let me know and I'll investigate.

I assume the Xauna spawns feel like they are disabled, cause on that map, the 2nd respawns are really close to A and C.

Flags:
The algorithm has some factors it will decide on which flags to remove, if those factors dont give a clear flag candidate it will choose a flag by random.
  • If a team has 2 flags, one of those flags will be the last one (preferably one that is contested).
  • If both teams have 1 flag, it will be the neutral flag.
  • If no flags are captured it will be a random flag (preferably one that is contested).
  • If only 1 flag is captured it will be a random neutral flag preferably one that is contested).
The contest radius is about 1.5m bigger than the capture radius of given flag.

Spawns:
I can't say much about them, since I don't know the full algorithm. In theory there is nothing like “disabled” spawns. All spawns can be spawned at, but the algorithm prefers to spawn you:
  1. Close to friendlies
  2. Away from enemies
  3. Close to flags
Honestly I might have gotten a few details wrong. If players have any other experience please let me know and I'll investigate.

I assume the Xauna spawns feel like they are disabled, cause on that map, the 2nd respawns are really close to A and C.
Thx for the clarification, Xauna seems very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom