MP Can the multyplayer be more Casual. Your killing it with the Competitive mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Introduction
Have you not notices no one is using the bad search mechanic for siege and death-match. Have you not notice every one keeps complaining about the balance of the class system, the weapons and the horses. Now some of those "balances" you are doing are leaking their way into the single player and poisoning it too.

Can you revert the multiplayer to like it was in Warband. If your corporate overlords are squeezing you to have some competitive match making keep a competitive search button in and have a Casual search button, with your class system and K/D and W/L.

What's Wrong
My main gripe with he search system is that, it only joins a game when there is enough people searching. I wanna be able to drop in a game of siege. I also want to stay in the server when the game end. That's the worst, It does that for even custom servers. I haven't seen a multiplayer game in years kick you out even of custom server once the game is over, forcing you to look up the server again, and hope every one is joining that one again.

Want to do that so you can count a stupid K/D and a stupid W/L ration, Fine but make it a competitive option.

Then comes the horrible class system and every one complaining about every little thing. First of all, Why if I am having a bad day do i need to get stuck with shield-less pleb with a low thrust speed spears. Better again, why can I afford after a few kills, a full on armored horse and knight.

Warband was better
Warband had it perfect. A single player like equipment store base gear selection for 3 type of soldier. The base equipment for every one was perfect and you could sacrifice armour for damage or damage for armour. We did not see a massive amount of horse spam on maps because you had to be able to afford a good horse to survive a melee. Full armoured knights would appear rarely after a kill streak and get dismounted as soon as he tried to solo charge 5 people. no 1:1 ratio of horse and foot fighting over the final flag.

Siege maps were also better in Warband, and the community had some good map too, Just the right amount of entrances so the defenders would not be out stretched. It would mostly be rare for attackers to find a sneaky way in and walk all the way to the final flag unnoticed. Which happens all the time in your new maps.This forces defenders to run around like headless chickens as every flag is under attack constantly. Warband custom map even had a better tiered siege map system then you have right now and they only had 1 Flag.

Warband also had better shield mechanics, with the hability to become a turtle with back shields. Shield hitboxes would also no compleatly cover you and would more better match the shield shape and size. Now people can just block and not even look at the direction of fire and catch every arrow. whats the point in having block directions on a shield if they don't matter
Conclusion
The devs had more then enough time to study what was good about warbands multiplayer community and improve on it. Instead you try to force a weird class based economy like every popular game out there, then have the worst public server system ever for absolutely nothing. Because of that, you spend all the dev time on multiplayer instead of finishing the single player which after 100h obviously lacks any content past grinding your recruits.

Last edited:
/thread

Warband wasn't perfect but many of the core systems were far better than bannerlord.

Obviously I'm not gonna talk about how great the siege equipment is in bannerlord, and If I were, I would talk about how they need to improve the maps by having more destructible walls and less entrances to defend. If your going to have this mechanism use it, just don't dump arty for no reason. The battanian siege map has the most amount of siege equipment but the defenders can barely use theirs due to the height locking them at a bad minimum range

If I'm correct it's just Skirmish mode that is really competitive. Recently played a few rounds of captain mode and it was still quite accessible after not playing for several months. (Haven't checked on siege; is that still a thing in quick play?) I think that's because Captain is a very different experience that TDM can't offer and Captain is less combat focussed than being just one fighter.
The Problem with Skirmish is that it's very skill based and the low player count doesn't allow for weak links in the chain. The (one) problem with siege is that the maps are balanced for a certain player count that cannot always be reched in the current state of the community. Luckily they have casual siege servers now.

Overall I agree that the first button a newbie sees when starting multiplayer should lead them to casual games. I also do not think that TW intended badged pvp to be only for hardcore players and that it turned out like this by accident.

PS: I also really like that you made a poll for a quick overview of opinions. I tink though that answers are not mutually exclusive and that the option with the class system is not directly connected to the "casual" problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom