Can someone explain the animation code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Toasticuss

Sergeant
This is what I know so far

Code:
[1.0, "death_chest", 4, 37, arf_blend_in_16|arf_make_custom_sound, pack2f(0.9, 0.0), (0,0,0), 0.5],
 1.   |      2.     |  3  |                       4              |    5  |     6   |   7    |   8 |

Code:
1. Total Animation Time,
2. AnimationID/Name that the game should call in a BRF
3. These are the beginning and ending, frames or the frame sequences in the animation, I'm not sure which...?
4. Some kind of flags 
5. Not Sure
6. Not Sure
7. Not Sure
8. Not sure

Can someone else more experienced explain what the other values are?

I have some animations where the body will get stuck half way through a death animation and it looks really bad so I'm trying to fix them....

Toasticuss said:
I have some animations where the body will get stuck half way through a death animation and it looks really bad so I'm trying to fix them....

Code:
[1.0, "death_chest", 4, 37, arf_blend_in_16|arf_make_custom_sound, pack2f(0.9, 0.0), (0,0,0), 0.5],
 1.   |      2.     |  3  |                       4              |    5  |     6   |   7    |   8 |

Code:
1. Total Animation Time In Seconds,
2. Skeletal Animation to pick from the loaded BRF tree.
3. These are the beginning and ending times (not frames) from the selected Skeletal Animation.
4. Animation Flags (Specified at header_animations.py) / Configures blending time, if cyclic or not... bodypart enforcements.
5. Consolidates the following values into an binary digest.
6 & 7. References a real World coordinate movement. Not local. Check this. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,65520.msg1703891.html
8. Animation Delay in Seconds

Swyter said:
Toasticuss said:

Code:

Code:
1. Total Animation Time In Seconds,
2. Skeletal Animation to pick from the loaded BRF tree.
3. These are the beginning and ending times (not frames) from the selected Skeletal Animation.
4. Animation Flags (Specified at header_animations.py) / Configures blending time, if cyclic or not... bodypart enforcements.
5. Consolidates the following values into an hex digest.
6. Read below V
7. References a real World coordinate movement. Not local. Check this. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,65520.msg1703891.html
8. Animation Delay in Seconds

Thank you very much for explaining that, for the animation delay, I noticed with death animations theres a small delay once the death animation finishes when the ragdoll physics kick in, is that because of the delay? Anyway to remove that delay?

Theres another animation I have where the player will do a front flip while jumping, problem is that if the player has his weapon ready or arrow pulled back in the bow, only the legs will flip, not his upper torso, can one of the enforcement flags counteract that or is that just a hard coded limit? I think I tried one of the enforcement flags on it but it had no effect whatsoever

You don't need anything after sequence flags (arf).

So your animation could look like this and it'd be fine.
[1.0, "death_chest", 4, 37, arf_blend_in_16],

In order to make the ragdoll kick in immediately, I'd change the frames to be only 1 frame and the animation time to zero.
[0, "death_chest", 4, 5, arf_blend_in_30],

Theoris said:
You don't need anything after sequence flags (arf).

So your animation could look like this and it'd be fine.
[1.0, "death_chest", 4, 37, arf_blend_in_16],

In order to make the ragdoll kick in immediately, I'd change the frames to be only 1 frame and the animation time to zero.
[0, "death_chest", 4, 5, arf_blend_in_30],

But wont that only play 2 frames?

Back
Top Bottom