Can someone explain me the upcoming new setting "birth and death" in the 1.5.6 beta patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Does this setting for example disable the Death so my character cant die in battle? And does it disable born to my childs? If so then i dont understand why taleworlds is not making 2 settings one for death so my character can die in battle and one for birth so my character can become kids! I hope someone can explain it to me and i hope thath taleworlds is making an second setting for it!

Does this setting for example disable the Death so my character cant die in battle? And does it disable born to my childs? If so then i dont understand why taleworlds is not making 2 settings one for death so my character can die in battle and one for birth so my character can become kids! I hope someone can explain it to me and i hope thath taleworlds is making an second setting for it!

In short, you need both enabled or disabled in order to keep the world population balanced.

Death, no birth = everyone dies off
No death, Birth = All the people!

Now with that stated, there should be consideration about picking what death options take place. Such as:
-“Light” Natural Causes Only
- “Medium” NCO+ Battles
- “Full” NCO + Battles + Simulations

If this type of toggle were added I believe birth rates could be adjusted to reflect the relative changes and still help keep the world population “balanced”.

AT the beginning of game (end of character creation) there is an option called "disable death and birth", with this checked, The character, clan mates and NPC lord will NOT dead of old age or in live-combat(where player participates) battles. They also won't make any new babies, I'm not sure if it prevent the player from making babies too, but I would assume so.

With it unchecked lords and player can die of old age and can make babies who eventually become functional lords. NPC lords and clan mates have a 10% of dying when they take go down in live battle.

The player doesn't seem to die in live battle, only old age. May change someday (or I could be wrong).
NPCs don't die in auto-calculated battles. This could change in the future though.

The 10% chance of death will be reduced to 2% in the future.

NPCs dying in battle that only the player participates in creates an unbalanced effect on gameplay. Not sure what the idea here was.
I wonder if it's just a first stage to see how it works and how they should tweak the numbers for player battles then add all sim battles? It seems to me that you could get the sim battle % correct running a bunch game simulations with different percentages and look at what's too much and what's too little but the player stuff is probably harder to balance.

Edit: It's pure speculation on my part but it makes sense.

It makes it like warband where the characters just kind of exist and can only get imprisoned.

It makes it like warband where the characters just kind of exist and can only get imprisoned.

Can they be executed? A Bannerlord playing friend of mine explained that your character can be executed if captured, if you have executed many of your captor's friends & relatives causing your & your captor's relations to be beyond -100. That was a while ago so might be he spoke about earlier version though.

Can they be executed? A Bannerlord playing friend of mine explained that your character can be executed if captured, if you have executed many of your captor's friends & relatives causing your & your captor's relations to be beyond -100. That was a while ago so might be he spoke about earlier version though.
You can be executed but its a 2% chance but I think with the disable birth and death option you cannot be executed I don't know though since I play with birth and death

NPCs don't die in auto-calculated battles. This could change in the future though.

The 10% chance of death will be reduced to 2% in the future.

I hope NPCs will die in battles without the Player be a participant

****.... are you serious? Then death in battle will become near impossible with 2%... that's so sad

I hope NPCs will die in battles without the Player be a participant

****.... are you serious? Then death in battle will become near impossible with 2%... that's so sad
I don't know but it was something @Mexico and @Flesson19 were discussing. I think he showed the conversation in a youtube video.
It was un clear to me if it meant 2% for simulated battles (meaning live is 10%) or for both.

I don't know but it was something @mexico and @Flesson19 were discussing. I think he showed the conversation in a youtube video.
It was on clear to me if it meant 2% for simulated battles (meaning live is 10%) or for both.
I hope neither...hahaha

NpCs death's without the player have to be there I want so bad

10% is just fine... This way players will be more careful in battles than just charge head on

I hope neither...hahaha

10% is just fine... This way players will be more careful in battles than just charge head on

Idk. Maybe it's not so much about playstyle, like players charging the enemy head on, but more strategic choices players will make. If NPCs die easily, in the long run that might mean players choosing easier ways to play the game. For example, you'd be less likely to join a loosing kingdom to try to fight a desperate war against overwhelming enemy. Because, fighting against owerwhelming enemy means there will be several battles where your forces are underpowered, which mean your NPC allies will be knocked down more often, which in turn means they will die more often. I like that NPC death is part of the game, but as it is now I tend to think they die way too often & easily. I mean yesterday a damn looter killed one of my well armored companions.

In short, you need both enabled or disabled in order to keep the world population balanced.

Death, no birth = everyone dies off
No death, Birth = All the people!

Now with that stated, there should be consideration about picking what death options take place. Such as:
-“Light” Natural Causes Only
- “Medium” NCO+ Battles
- “Full” NCO + Battles + Simulations

If this type of toggle were added I believe birth rates could be adjusted to reflect the relative changes and still help keep the world population “balanced”.
if they did that, that would be great i hate this current mechanic and they should have done that and then implement it, now if lets say my faction is fighting a large army i cant help them because i will risk the death of at least 1 lord that means -100 men for the faction

Idk. Maybe it's not so much about playstyle, like players charging the enemy head on, but more strategic choices players will make. If NPCs die easily, in the long run that might mean players choosing easier ways to play the game. For example, you'd be less likely to join a loosing kingdom to try to fight a desperate war against overwhelming enemy. Because, fighting against owerwhelming enemy means there will be several battles where your forces are underpowered, which mean your NPC allies will be knocked down more often, which in turn means they will die more often. I like that NPC death is part of the game, but as it is now I tend to think they die way too often & easily. I mean yesterday a damn looter killed one of my well armored companions.
they should not force us to play how they want its an rpg, u role play what ever u want the hero who saves a faction or the guy who rules the world or the ruler who charges with his men, thats why i bought it thats why i loved warband trying to change that is bad also it should have just 1 more option for people like me i love charging and fighting that what the game is about if i want more strategy i can just play total war but standing behind ur men and watching is not fun then what is the use of having weapons and armor if u will kill us if we used them

I don't like this mechanic as it is. I would like characters to die of old age, but I hate loading up an NPC I chased across the map just to hire in nice gear and having him die in the FIRST DAMN BATTLE lol. Especially when this person is supposed to have godlike stats and he just gets pincushioned by forest people before he even gets close to the enemy. You should still be able to disable clanmate deaths just for the simple sake of enjoying the damn game.

But there is no other way to play the game. If an NPC has great combat skills, why wouldn't you put them on the front line? Why should we have to plop them in a castle and never use them for fear of them dying? Putting them in their own party is ridiculously expensive (why a party of 1 person costs $2k+ per day when my party of 100 costs 700 is beyond me) and they always decide to go fight on the front lines first instead of doing missions and stuff so they are getting captured despite having 150+ tactics.

If we had something else worthwhile to do with the combat-centered NPCs to keep them out of harm's way, then I would say that makes sense. Or they can just be the gods that they should be. If I can kill 20 enemies in a battle with half the stats, there is no reason they should die on the first volley of arrows of their first battle.

I hope neither...hahaha

With the current AI just sitting there in their spawn area when you are attacking you don't have the choice but to charge sometimes. They will just sit there until we all die of starvation. Sometimes you can get them to come out with mounted archers harassing them but usually you have to have someone charge in.

I don't know but it was something @Mexico and @Flesson19 were discussing. I think he showed the conversation in a youtube video.
It was un clear to me if it meant 2% for simulated battles (meaning live is 10%) or for both.
Death right now is 10% player battles only. It was supposed to be changed to 2% for all battles and companion missions,, but the 2% was scrapped by TW. As far as NPC battles I am sure it will be changed sometime soon. The 10% I don't mind as a player but it is insane for companions as the AI do not value life like we do and kamikazee all the time, I have asked if we could get some other options so everyone can get to play according to their playstyle but that has fallen on deaf ears, TW says it's 10% and deal with it, sorry but that's the truth

Death right now is 10% player battles only. It was supposed to be changed to 2% for all battles and companion missions,, but the 2% was scrapped by TW. As far as NPC battles I am sure it will be changed sometime soon. The 10% I don't mind as a player but it is insane for companions as the AI do not value life like we do and kamikazee all the time, I have asked if we could get some other options so everyone can get to play according to their playstyle but that has fallen on deaf ears, TW says it's 10% and deal with it, sorry but that's the truth
man its the first game i ever buy full price and on launch and im never repeating that mistake these idiots deserve the game to be only pirated

Back
Top Bottom