In Progress Can purchase settlements as a Non-Kingdom - No war?

Users who are viewing this thread

rules05

Recruit
Summary: I have been playing as a trader. I have amassed a nice sized collection of settlements. (4 Towns, ~7 Castles). Is it intended that other kingdoms can't declare war on my clan? I did create a kingdom at some point and had a couple kingdom's immediately declare war on me, I reloaded the save before I did that and have kept it as a clan. Personally, I think the war system is still broken and nonsensical.

How to Reproduce: Do what I did.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Any.

Media (Screenshots & Video): New account or I would post a picture or two.

Version: Created this game in 1.4.1 (newest beta)

Installed community-made modifications: No mods.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Radeon RX480
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb

SAVE FILES:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t295sn9jokundis/Trader.sav?dl=0 (Clan)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcn9xcko8fnlr1l/Kingdom.sav?dl=0 (After KingdomCreation)

Last edited:
It is kinda cool that it's possible to beat the entire game without a fight with current war and diplomacy mechanism. But agreed it needs work.

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

Sort of related. I took over a town at clan level between 2 and 3. Made peace with the enemy kingdom. Have played many hours (20 or 30 Maybe more?) since and no one has declared war on me. I planned to start an independent kingdom, but afterwards found out you have to be level 4 clan to start a non-quest kingdom. It takes forever to get to level 4 without any major battles and in this play-through I don't want to be a vassal of another kingdom. I assume I could start a war with another kingdom, but they won't start one with me. Not sure if I want to start one with them since they can form armies and I can't. You should be able to start a kingdom at any level. Back to the point of your thread though, even though for the purposes of the game I'm basically a bandit that took over a town, no one wants to take it back from me.

Sort of related. I took over a town at clan level between 2 and 3. Made peace with the enemy kingdom. Have played many hours (20 or 30 Maybe more?) since and no one has declared war on me. I planned to start an independent kingdom, but afterwards found out you have to be level 4 clan to start a non-quest kingdom. It takes forever to get to level 4 without any major battles and in this play-through I don't want to be a vassal of another kingdom. I assume I could start a war with another kingdom, but they won't start one with me. Not sure if I want to start one with them since they can form armies and I can't. You should be able to start a kingdom at any level. Back to the point of your thread though, even though for the purposes of the game I'm basically a bandit that took over a town, no one wants to take it back from me.
I think this is an oversight in giving the player a little wiggle room to take a fief and then continue the main quest by talking to the NPC, without getting dog-piled before ever becoming a Kingdom. But I can confirm factions seem to never attack you if you're a lone Clan with a town (or many many heh heh) aside from if you start a fight with them, which you can make peace after and they leave you alone seemingly indefinitely.

Not sure if I want to start one with them since they can form armies and I can't.
But you took property on your own so you must be competent? Have more confidence, you can beat 10X your size with good units and tactics.
I would count this as a blessing as becoming a Kingdom will absolutely plunge you into a multi front war that will never end. Because it seems to be incredibly difficult for the Dev team to balance out campaign stuff, I would enjoy this ability to control the pace of the game via not being in a kingdom/faction

But you took property on your own so you must be competent? Have more confidence, you can beat 10X your size with good units and tactics.
I can easily beat an army at least 5x my size & maybe beat a significantly larger army when I'm well stocked. But they will be back a day later with another large army & I can't restock anywhere near as fast as they can. Thats why I decided not to do the Neretzes quest this time. Having grouped armies I feel I could beat any single kingdom, even with their spammed armies. But fighting 2 or more major kingdoms sending 500+ at me every day was eventually unplayable. I survived a long time, but each battle took about 10 active, good, units from me. I went from having 250 in the battle to 150 after a while and wouldn't have lasted much longer than when I quit. Also, quite frankly, I'd rather play my own style than be led around on a leash.

I can easily beat an army at least 5x my size & maybe beat a significantly larger army when I'm well stocked. But they will be back a day later with another large army & I can't restock anywhere near as fast as they can. Thats why I decided not to do the Neretzes quest this time. Having grouped armies I feel I could beat any single kingdom, even with their spammed armies. But fighting 2 or more major kingdoms sending 500+ at me every day was eventually unplayable. I survived a long time, but each battle took about 10 active, good, units from me. I went from having 250 in the battle to 150 after a while and wouldn't have lasted much longer than when I quit. Also, quite frankly, I'd rather play my own style than be led around on a leash.
Cut off their heads and they eventually stop coming back :razz:

Back
Top Bottom