can not equip the sumpter horse and mule in 1.6.3~

Users who are viewing this thread

According to a developer on reddit, it was a bug that you could equip Sumpter Horses and Mules and thus they "fixed" it. See also: https://old.reddit.com/r/mountandbl...d_cannot_equip_horse_to_my_companion/hgq0ezl/

Apparently to compensate for this change the riding requirement for Saddle Horses was supposed to be lowered to 0. However, this change has not been implemented yet for some reason - and as a result there are currently no horses that you can equip with characters that have a riding level below 10 .... which is really frustrating.

I have a temporary work-around while we wait for a hotfix. This makes the change Taleworlds intended to make and removes the riding requirement for Saddle Horses.

1) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spitems" and make a copy of "horses_and_others.xml". Keep the copy just in case you need to revert back to the patch default settings.
2) Open "horses_and_others.xml" with your favorite XML editor or notepad if you don't have another option.
3) Press ctrl+f to search for "saddle horse" and press enter. It should move the document to the Saddle Horse settings and highlight "Saddle Horse" for you to see where to find the settings on the page.
4) Look down about seven lines for "difficulty="10"" and change the 10 to a 0. The line should be directly under "weight="390"".
5) Save "horses_and_others.xml".

Next time you start the game you should be able to equip the Saddle Horse to any character regardless of skill level.

Last edited:
The fix was initially made to fix a crash. Spawning with a non-ridable mount caused a crash in the AI side. Initial discussions we had was that we were going to reduce the riding requirements of some horses. But in the end we decided to fix the crash itself and revert the non-ridable change, so that players could at least ride the pack camel, since it's not easy to find normal ridable camels.

After that discussion other things took priority but I'm chasing down this issue internally. Sorry for the delay.

I have a temporary work-around while we wait for a hotfix. This makes the change Taleworlds intended to make and removes the riding requirement for Saddle Horses.

1) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spitems" and make a copy of "horses_and_others.xml". Keep the copy just in case you need to revert back to the patch default settings.
2) Open "horses_and_others.xml" with your favorite XML editor or notepad if you don't have another option.
3) Press ctrl+f to search for "saddle horse" and press enter. It should move the document to the Saddle Horse settings and highlight "Saddle Horse" for you to see where to find the settings on the page.
4) Look down about seven lines for "difficulty="10"" and change the 10 to a 0. The line should be directly under "weight="390"".
5) Save "horses_and_others.xml".

Next time you start the game you should be able to equip the Saddle Horse to any character regardless of skill level.
Its not working for me, bummer.

The fix was initially made to fix a crash. Spawning with a non-ridable mount caused a crash in the AI side. Initial discussions we had was that we were going to reduce the riding requirements of some horses. But in the end we decided to fix the crash itself and revert the non-ridable change, so that players could at least ride the pack camel, since it's not easy to find normal ridable camels.

After that discussion other things took priority but I'm chasing down this issue internally. Sorry for the delay.
Could you please post it in the next beta patch?

Back
Top Bottom