Resolved Can Not Create Save Data

Users who are viewing this thread

GusThePug

Recruit
Hi, so recently (playing on 1.4.2) I made a new save, and played it for a decent bit. I have a number of mods installed, which could cause issues I suppose. The game ran just fine for probably 10 hours but then I noticed while saving or loading menus, it started to get slower and slower, and then upon loading the game up today and playing the same save I was confronted with the text "Cannot create save data". I don't know what else to do besides try again with a new save, but if there are any fixes I'd love to keep that save going.
Oddly enough, my internet actually has gone out for 2 days (thanks Wave Wifi) and so there were no changes at all from the mods or game files during yesterday (when game worked fine, just started slowing down during saving and menus) and today (when I am unable to save at all).
Thanks for any help! In the meantime I guess I need a new campaign to play since this one is unfortunately broken TBD

Also, Mod list I used in the save:
Bear My Banner - Standalone
Blood Mod
Collision Fix
Improved AI Troops
Realistic Battle
Reinforcements
Responsive Soldiers
V's Royal Armoury

Hi, can you try disabling all mods and verifying your game files through Steam? Your current save file is probably corrupted due to mods, and unfortunately, we cannot provide technical support for modded games. However, if you can recreate the crash without any mods, I can forward your save file to the developers.

Hi, can you try disabling all mods and verifying your game files through Steam? Your current save file is probably corrupted due to mods, and unfortunately, we cannot provide technical support for modded games. However, if you can recreate the crash without any mods, I can forward your save file to the developers.

Hey, thanks for the reply! I disabled the mods and verified the steam files, of which it said 7 files were unable to be verified. So now that it reinstalled them, hopefully smooth sailing (if on a newer playthrough). I suppose the old campaign's problems were due to outdated mods.

Back
Top Bottom