Resolved Can no longer load certain save files.

Users who are viewing this thread

RWBY

Regular
Summary: I saved before joining a tournament. Lost in the final round and then exited to the main menu and loaded my last save file (please give us a load button). The game crashed during the loading screen. I tried several other save files and also used the save mode and reported that crash with the prompted message. 4 save files in total can no longer be loaded, the one I created manually before the tournament and all 3 auto-save files. 2 of which were created before the manual save so that issue must have existed by then already for my save files. At http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ I provided the earliest save file which I can no longer load from. Other save files, one from yesterday and prior still work. Although all save files from today no longer work I was able to save and load multiple times at the same day before.
How to Reproduce: I have no idea.
Quest/Settlement Name: Tournament in Saneopa iirc.
Media: -
Version: beta 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: Crafted Item Copyright v1.0.0 not v1.0.1
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G11CB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Game on HDD TOSHIBA DT01ACA100, OS on SSD HFS256G32MND-2200A

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.
I have some more information.

I was able to reproduce my problem, sort of. I continued playing from one of the working save files, created a new save file via save as then continued from there and everything was fine again until I closed the application and when I wanted to continue playing later again I encountered the same issue. None of my newly created save files can be loaded from, they all crash during the loading screen. I don't know what exactly triggered it but it happened after I closed the game. If I remember correctly I exited to the main menu without saving (as a habbit I always save manually before closing any game) and then exited the game normally (an exit to windows menu option would be nice making exiting the game faster without having to rely on alt + f4). I hope this will help you because as it stands right now for me the game has become unplayable unfortunately if it always wipes your entire progress :/

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.
I'm getting the same issue, except it's my main save plus all autosaves that will no longer load after a crash. Older saves and saves on other characters still load. This has happened to me on two fresh 1.4.3. playthroughs. I also uploaded my save to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Seems random but happened after my game crashed
Quest/Settlement Name: don't remember for sure, somewhere in the desert first time, somewhere around Omor the second time
Version: 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: bannerpaste
Computer Specs:
GPU: gtx 1070
CPU: i7 8700k
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: gigabyte z370 auros
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Last edited:
Same problem

Summary: Took the quest "weapons for gang" and completed it, tried to re-enter the city after and submitted to corporal punisment (didnt know what that was) because i fought the guards in the quest and was executed, and the game crashed. Re launch game and none of my saves work.
How to Reproduce: Crash game, relaunch and all saves corrupted.
Quest/Settlement Name: weapons for gang , and in the nord region cant remember town
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs:

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

I have the same problem. I am very early on in a new campaign (less than 20 days). I also saved before a tournament and then loaded back in after failing. All my saves are now corrupted and unloadable.

I had just completed: Prisoners for mines & rival gang quests

I had active quests: Weapons for gang (9 axes) & a different prisoners for mines quest.

Dump: 2020-07-31_08.35.22_c511cc422d671fac2ecb5ade7ab5b756

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Load save
Quest/Settlement Name: Weapons for gang & prisoners for mine ACTIVE / prisoners for mine & rival gang RECENTLY COMPLETED / Vostrum
Version: 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: RTX 2070 Super
CPU: AMD 3700x
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: gigabyte auros
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Not conclusivly.... i have 2 saves which work.

They are both before completing: RIVAL GANGS & PRISONERS FOR MINE
and before starting: WEAPONS FOR GANG & SECOND PRISONERS FOR MINE

I belive just after completing RIVAL GANGS & PRISONERS FOR MINE, i started WEAPONS FOR GANGS. This is when my saves become corrupted.

CONFIRMED

I loaded my last save which was not corrupted.

I continued following my footsteps from before.

1. Completed RIVAL GANGS , saved as test/ load SUCCESS
2. Completed PRISONERS FOR MINE , saved as test 1 / load SUCCESS
3. Started WEAPONS FOR GANG , saved as test 2 / load FAIL

For my case atleast it was WEAPONS FOR GANGS from Vostrum that corrupted my save.

I no longer encountered unloadable save files once I started ignoring the Weapons for Gang quest.

I've been having this issue as well, I reported it once but similar problems keep popping up so I'm gonna piggy back on this thread.
Game crashes on campaign map for no determinable reason, then loading latest save will crash at end of loading, or rarely when trying to move or do anything if it loads. Reloading a older save may or may notwork. I have some luck but sometimes the same type of crash comes up soon anyways.

Summary: Have CTD when moving on map, loading recent sav results in immediate CTD
How to Reproduce: Load this .sav, if it loads without crashing try to move https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zWv5hGuho0LXpKrxpeyjZhGS8mV6e2UT/view?usp=sharing
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Mekeb in .sav example, but has happened elsewhere too
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.4.3 plus hot fixes
Installed community-made modifications:
none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NIVIDIA gefore gtx 1050 ti
CPU: i5-4570
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): game on SDD, OS on HDD

To add input to other comments and more context for mine, none of the times this has happened at the same time that I was doing weapons for gang, but every time its happened I had previously done the quest. I've been trying all the new quests but I'll try a playthrough with no weapon gang quest. It also doesn't seem necessarily tied to the game crashing first, because I had it happen yesterday (probably an in game week or two after doing the quest) when I was just screwing around and savescummed a different quest.

edit - definitely not caused by weapons for gang quest for me

Last edited:
I am having the same corrupted save issue. I started a new game with this patch no mods installed. Played fine, when I tried to play this morning it would crash as soon as I hit the load screen. I tried multiple saves manual and auto all same issue. I started a new game today and immediately saved. Shut the game down and restarted, the game loaded fine and I continued to play for a while. I just tried to load and play some more but both manual and autosaves are broken. I did start the weapons for gangs quest this second run, but I don't think that quest was active for the first set of saves.

Version: beta 1.4.3
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1070
CPU: Ryzen 2600
RAM: 16g
Motherboard: ASRock B450M
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom