Can my brother impregnate Me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a very very proud Tennessee citizen, I was wondering if this great game would happen to contain the most sensual of baby makings, the incest. Now i know this is a hot topic as many nurtherners disagree. But AS A TENNESSEAN IT IS MY RIGHT TO KNOW can i marry my brother and have his children.

lmao your funny, but no can not marry brother or sister ck2 style.
ALRIGHT I NEED A DEV TO ANSWER ME NOW. WHY ARE YOU DISGRACING MY SOUTHERN CULTURE. THIS HAS BEEN THE WAY OF MY PEOPLE FOR MANY YEARS. As a proud southerner I take offense to not allowing incest and as a great descendant of the von habsburg family I am hurt that you would not include our families greatest tradition.

I'm trying to tread as carefully as possible with this concept, because it does introduce an intriguing concept that could work, if carefully executed. With modern taboos toward incest kept in mind as we proceed, the idea of royal intermarriage for Bannerlord is an interesting idea. European royalty is already related to each other whether it's through second or third cousins: Charlemagne is considered Pater Europae and Queen Victoria the grandmother of Europe. I'm not fully aware of brother-sister marriages or its prevalence in the early European medieval period, but there's no doubt about first-cousin marriage or other notable inbreeding examples or effects: the Habsburg Jaw/Habsburg Lip, Charles II "El Hechizado" of Spain, the practices of the Bourbon, Wittlesbach and Braganza royal families. However, the inclusion in this game would be controversial since people would immediately proclaim that TaleWorlds approves of incest, regardless of the historical context of royal intermarriage and inbreeding. But second and third cousin marriage can be a viable option and even first-cousin could possibly be implemented, if done carefully. There could be a system regarding intermarriage and eventual inbreeding, with its own penalties (diseases like haemophilia, infertility, shorter lifespan, life-threatening diseases, appearance) and benefits (consolidating political influence within the clan, fiefs, keeping the bloodline "pure,").

It's definitely just a small brainstorm, but if implemented carefully, it could be an interesting mechanic.

You have to remember that some things can be illegal, inappropriate, or "politically incorrect" (can hurt the sales of the company and the production value of a company to implement future features). For example it would be very realistic to implement rape, torture, slavery, and extreme gore to represent historical accuracy of the "age", but would be very controversial and a public relation nightmare because there are literally people who will go to any length to make "this game" or "any game" look as badly as possible for any reason or no reason at all. It would make a great news story for example because news only cares about getting views and proposing their viewpoints on the public for their own bias and agenda.

Also, the implementation of the marriage feature would either have to be so vague that you could just marry anyone from a list with minimal amount of consideration as to whether it was a sibling, or it would require special features to implement in a way that makes it significant and taboo (otherwise the difference would nothing if not left to the imagination). I can think of 100 other features I would rather see implemented when resources are a consideration.

Agreed. I don't think it would be implemented and there are others that I would much rather see included in the game. Just a thought, but I don't disagree with you.

Well they better allow incest cause after a while everyone is gonna be related due to how many kids women pop out and how limited the pool of clans is in the game.

**** all you sons of *****es how dare you how ****ING dare you my sister is a ***** and not even that hot I would never **** her and I only tried to get with my cousin once before my mom told me she was my cousin and then I stopped so you can heck right the **** off you little **** *****es

I'm going to cut the balls off whoever made this thread as soon as I find out their identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom