Can MP Armour/Weapon selection go back to the way Warband had it?

Users who are viewing this thread

It really was just straight up better, but it seems like one of those stubborn design decisions that they won't spend development time on to change. Instead they spend development time on attempting to balance and improve the class system.

did they remove the class system discussion post? I was trying to link it, couldn't find it

Is this the one you were thinking of? It's kind of hidden away in the archived beta forums. Reading through that thread again is pretty sad, 30 pages of beta testers from a variety of backgrounds (singleplayer, multiplayer, modders, casuals, and tryhards) all expressing their dislike of the premade class system in a thread titled "... Discussion" only for TaleWorlds to not really engage with any of the arguments beyond the first couple of pages. The premade loadout system, in my opinion, hampers the replayability of casual gamemodes like Team Deathmatch. I spent nearly all my hours in warband on native pub servers playing anything from TDM to Duel, but I can't really bring myself to play TDM in Bannerlord largely because of the premade loadouts as well as stale, streamlined map design. Of course nothing should be balanced around something like TDM, but it shouldn't be restricted to the same system as Captain, Skirmish, or whatever upcoming competitive mode they're working on.

I find it very funny that a lot of those dudes having civil discussions back then are now banned, poor guys they were nice and cool and these forums turned them into monsters

I find it very funny that a lot of those dudes having civil discussions back then are now banned, poor guys they were nice and cool and these forums turned them into monsters

It is actually both sad and fun. These passionate souls fighting for the game they wanted but their passion turned into hatred and obsession.

Be careful, lately you're growing the canines and Me...my balls are swelling up and growing tough black hair from the neck to the as$ :lol: .

giphy.gif

#theMr.Hydeeffect

I'm not going to argue against this thread - there isn't much purpose. The new classes are here to stay for better or for worse. I think the last year has proved that.

What I would say is it would be nice to see how the classes will look once we have a 3rd perk slot and cosmetics - both of these things are coming before the end of EA.

I'm not going to argue against this thread - there isn't much purpose. The new classes are here to stay for better or for worse. I think the last year has proved that.

What I would say is it would be nice to see how the classes will look once we have a 3rd perk slot and cosmetics - both of these things are coming before the end of EA.
Pretty sure they already abandoned having a third perk slot once they realized they'd have to balance everything over again. Obviously they will never convey to us that its dropped though same as every other intended feature.

Pretty sure they already abandoned having a third perk slot once they realized they'd have to balance everything over again. Obviously they will never convey to us that its dropped though same as every other intended feature.
I can't find it right now - but one of the dev's maybe AVRC very recently confirmed that the 3rd perk slot is still planned and in the works now.

Not that I like the idea of passive perks but I am glad to hear they're still working on it

I don't hate the idea; Mordhau used a similar function to good effect. No reason M&B can't.

Besides the 'block arrows with two handers' perk from singleplayer would probably be crap; but would feel bad arse when it comes off!

I hate the idea of passive perks, not only because this is not a high fantasy MMO, but one of the main reasons (that actually had some sence) we were given for pushing premade classes down our throats across all the modes would go down the drain.
U6jWwKI.jpg

I think any form of passive perks would result in a massive respect/trust loss towards the company and more or less to a dissolvement of both competitive and casual MP scene.

I hate the idea of passive perks, not only because this is not a high fantasy MMO, but one of the main reasons (that actually had some sence) we were given for pushing premade classes down our throats across all the modes would go down the drain.
U6jWwKI.jpg

I think any form of passive perks would result in a massive respect/trust loss towards the company and more or less to a dissolvement of both competitive and casual MP scene.
I don't want TW to feel obligated to this; otherwise we will never see any improvements to the system ever. Mordhau uses passive perks; and they add a lot to the game. The singleplayer uses passive perks - and that has really come on recently. Why not use this for Multiplayer?

I don't think TW have anything too outlandish (or fantasy) in mind; indeed they will probably be copies of SP passive perks - Spear pushback, dismounting cav on hit, higher shield bash damage etc etc.

We can't say to TW - the MP needs improvement; but also you aren't allowed to go back on anything you said before ever. Surely that is completly contradictory to the people who want warband classes back anyway?

The thing is - the premise behind the concept behind that sentence still stands.

Passive perks in a Mount & Blade major title, where a single particular system is in place for every game modes, with no serious sign they would ever get separated, all that after being stripped off of freedom of equipment selection players were accustomed to for a decade is what is contradictory to reason is my opinion.

3rd perk should be another slot for equipment selection/specialization, not depriving us further of it.

Back
Top Bottom