Can i put my compagnon i a town thats not mine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zhuljin

Recruit
my brother was pumping up the relations with the clan in the city he was staying so i wanted to move him to another city but i cant find a way to make him stay there.
is there one?
and does anyone know if the charm or other stats has any influence on the relationship gain?

raOUkcm.png

I don't believe Charm has an impact on the relations gain but I haven't looked under the hood to check. If it does, it is minor at the levels you'd expect a companion to have.

(Charm companions when?)

What is the point of leaving a companion inside a city that is not yours? Does it bring some benefits?

It improves relations with local notables. And it raises charm of a companion. Although that's not specific to non owned towns/settlements. Still if you don't own town and want to train companion in charm...

What is the point of leaving a companion inside a city that is not yours? Does it bring some benefits?
It will also improve your relations over time with any clan that has non party leading members staying inside the chosen fief. For instance, if you leave your companion inside your faction's capital, then you'll usually start gaining relations with the faction leader, since some of his relatives will be residing in the town's keep.

Companions also have a chance to win tounaments and gain skill points if the player doesn't join and the tournament resolves automatically. If you don't want to do a tournament yourself, you could pop a companion or two in there for a few days to see if they'll win.

These days they should stay in the settlement you leave them in... but there are things that might interrupt this and send them wandering, usually to end up in the city your brother starts at after the quest (I've noticed them move when the city is sieged or lost).

I think the charm relationship goes the opposite way... they gain charm from being in a city - and charm only affects the traits you select as it levels up.

It will also improve your relations over time with any clan that has non party leading members staying inside the chosen fief. For instance, if you leave your companion inside your faction's capital, then you'll usually start gaining relations with the faction leader, since some of his relatives will be residing in the town's keep.

Companions also have a chance to win tounaments and gain skill points if the player doesn't join and the tournament resolves automatically. If you don't want to do a tournament yourself, you could pop a companion or two in there for a few days to see if they'll win.
Cool! I'll try it in my next playthrough!

Do you use any specific companion? Like one with high Steward skill or one useless in combat?
Nope. Any companion works, for now.

Also family members, which is incredibly useful if you do a long playthrough. Eventually you'll have enough sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, cousins and in-laws to blanket every town in your faction and get a nice Notable Relations bonus to loyalty.

They all seem to win tournaments fairly regularly too. It's also worth sending them to stay with foreigners who don't have many possessions. It's easier to recruit clans that love you.

Back
Top Bottom