Can I lock garrison troops upgrades?

Users who are viewing this thread

CannonBoe

Recruit
I did a lot of testing in custom battles yesterday and today I'm getting really annoyed that my tier 4 troops are getting upgraded to tier 5 by a governor. The thing is, tier 5 upgrade makes the unit quite bad at siege defense, while tier 4 cost to effectiveness ratio is pretty good. Is there a way I can lock the units so they're not getting upgraded?

I did a lot of testing in custom battles yesterday and today I'm getting really annoyed that my tier 4 troops are getting upgraded to tier 5 by a governor. The thing is, tier 5 upgrade makes the unit quite bad at siege defense, while tier 4 cost to effectiveness ratio is pretty good. Is there a way I can lock the units so they're not getting upgraded?
I'm not sure, I'd be afraid limiting the wage they would still upgrade them and just kick out troops when over wage. It's an annoying thing for sure. They can't into upgrade warhorse units though, so sometimes I like to use khuzait raiders to stock the garrison, but this becomes unreasonable if you have many garrisons.

It would also be good to be able to stop the governor from adding more troops to the garrison.
They seem to automatically recruit garrison troops up to the garrison cap. For some fiefs, I don't want that to happen.

It would also be good to be able to stop the governor from adding more troops to the garrison.
They seem to automatically recruit garrison troops up to the garrison cap. For some fiefs, I don't want that to happen.
You can do this part, in the clan menu, under parties it show the garrison for each fief your clan controls and you can turn off auto recruitment with a check box for each one.

You can't. As far as I know the game calculates "perfect troop composition" for given party/garrison size and wage limits, and it tries to achieve this "ideal" party/garrison by upgrading some troops and by dismissing the other ones.

I wish there was an option to disable it for parties and garrisons. In the current state of the game, even if I fill one of my clan parties with Legionaries or Battanin FIan Champions, the party leader will still throw some of them away, because they want to have some cavalry.

It deeply hurts my soul when I try to make an overpowerd party with some custom troop composition for a specific tast and AI just destroys it. I give so many great soldiers to my family members for free, but they don't want them like a toddler throwing a tantrum, and they just spit on this beautiful gift and my not so beautiful, but friendly face.

I wish there was an option to disable it for parties and garrisons.

Totally agree with that!
I was having issues with a companion party to whom I assigned Cav and HA only to be able to hunt down looters thanks to the party speed. But they kept recruiting tier 1 Infantry despite me limiting the total wages.
Worse of all, the Companion kept donating top tier troops to town and castles while part of the Army. Each time the army went into a town/castle, the companion would drop off troops!
I wish there was a little bit more control over companion parties, garrisons...etc.

Back
Top Bottom