Can I Gif in MainMenu ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Coolest Kitten Everr said:
i can haz awsome montainblaed giffss plz??11  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nope, dear kitty. But you can haz a presentation with awsome serialized looping meshes.
That is, simulating the frames with separated objects and hot-swapping them every x time.

The presentation that, if found, is executed within the main menu must be called
Code:
game_start
Probably my feline friends can expand on presentation workings if needed.

Hold on. So, that is one of the "hardwired" presentations existing in system but not added to MS by default. Adding this manually to module, I don't see how. Will the game identify the codes and placements for each object and mesh in main menu? Or, does it need to be re-written properly in order to not mess the entire main screen?

P.S Lol Swyter. You are in this thread for more than 5 minutes. A huge text incoming, I take. :smile:

Belendor said:
Hold on. So, that is one of the "hardwired" presentations existing in system but not added to MS by default. Adding this manually to module, I don't see how. Will the game identify the codes and placements for each object and mesh in main menu? Or, does it need to be re-written properly in order to not mess the entire main screen?

The presentation doesn't replaces anything but the background. The buttons, version and logo mesh stay there.

See this video for a nice replacement by our mate Mark7, just be careful about the rendering order for the background mesh, set it as early as you can; this one had to be learned by trial and error for one of my Warband-port-projects thingies.

He has a bunch of other Warband-related R&D modding experiments in his channel. Interesting for some.

Ehm, then all I need to do is to already skip trying to re-write all Native codes existing in main menu and write my own stuff in a new presentation called as "game_start". Then the game will initiliaze my changes without messing up anything existing in all Native menu, right?

By the way, his channel has quite interesting stuff indeed, though it is sad we can't sneak peek any of his shader works. Saying that, Windy banners, parallax mapping and bird shader have become my favourite already.

Belendor said:
Ehm, then all I need to do is to already skip trying to re-write all Native codes existing in main menu and write my own stuff in a new presentation called as "game_start". Then the game will initiliaze my changes without messing up anything existing in all Native menu, right?

Right. There are some examples out there which make really creative use of this presentation apart from eye candy. I specially like sending a HTTP request to see if the player is using the latest version, and displaying a friendly notification otherwise, don't remember which mod does that, but is a nice and easy touch.

That is brilliant. Warband main screen can be turned into quite an interactive show-off, specially when connected to a webserver. A tableau for list of available servers for the mod, should be done easily with presentations and proper PHP or Phyton coding. Or, extra buttons next to default buttons like "Quick Join".

Back
Top Bottom