Can I get more information about editor crashes?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been trying to override tree assets (namely tree_pine_spring) and I am being met with frequent crashes. When the game crashes I get the opportunity to upload my crash logs - am I able to access those logs myself to have a look? Having the editor crash every 2 minutes (literally) without any bread crumb trail is really a slog.

I have been trying to override tree assets (namely tree_pine_spring) and I am being met with frequent crashes. When the game crashes I get the opportunity to upload my crash logs - am I able to access those logs myself to have a look? Having the editor crash every 2 minutes (literally) without any bread crumb trail is really a slog.
When Bannerlord's Tools were originally published, flora_kinds.xml was an engine xml, which had not been configured for modding. i.e. you can't reference your own version of flora_kinds.xml in your mod's submodule.xml. The game defaults to ...\Modules\Native\ModuleData\flora_kinds.xml.
Since the original Tools release, Taleworlds have added a Flora Kind Editor, which you can access from the Windows drop down menu in the scene editor:
Windows --> Module Data Windows --> Flora Editor

The editor allows you to add a new flora or edit an existing one. However, currently this is saved to ...\Modules\Native\ModuleData\flora_kinds.xml as opposed to allowing you to save it in your own mod's ModuleData folder. Accordingly, any changes you make will be overwritten by Bannerlord's next version update.

I have notified @Murat Türe .Taleworlds should correct this in due course as they would not have included a flora editor unless they intended it to be used.

PS I don't know how you can access crash logs, but even if you could, you can't mod flora_kinds.xml outside the native file until Taleworlds modify their engine programs.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom