Can everyone stop playing Team Deathmatch and jump on the Siege server instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
TDM is incredibly boring, no team work, no reason to communicate, just blobs of anonymous players zerging from one lone individual to the next for an easy kill. We could fill up the Siege server if these people stopped wasting their time on TDM.

The balance on the siege maps is pretty bad, and that gets exponentially worse with low amounts of players. You really need 50v50 or 60v60 for siege to even work somewhat properly how it was designed.

I agree TDM is terrible but siege doesnt work unless the server is close to full. That's why I started Sunday Night Siege back in June and we had some pretty good fights until about August with quite a few clans showing up and 60v60 servers - and sometimes multiple servers would start. However the mp is so dead now SNS barely even gets 80 players. It's really sad but that's just the state of the game

What is wrong with TDM? I just joined the MP community and find it a suitable place to exercise MP fighting. Which is pritty demanding. For me as MP newcomer it's very challenging, so it's not boring (yet).

I think you partially answered your own question. There is just not enough people for other than TDM. When I first openned up MP I reviewed the options and found the clan section. Frankly, I do not know 6 other people who plays M&B bannerlord to create my own. So I can only join some other clan.

However my first impression is pritty drastic. I don't know MP yet but everyone is **** fast there. I wonder how is that possible... is there a skill progression too (as in SP)?
TDM is pure chaos, and teaches bad habits. The lack of coordination, friendly fire and bad spawns makes it a breeding ground for bad players entering the more competitive modes.

TDM is pure chaos, and teaches bad habits. The lack of coordination, friendly fire and bad spawns makes it a breeding ground for bad players entering the more competitive modes.
Sorry, I confused the skirmish quickplay with TDM. I am new to these concepts.

@Worlok
There is no progression, people have the same stats depending on the class of course. What exactly do you think other players are fast at? Maybe i can help you

@Worlok
There is no progression, people have the same stats depending on the class of course. What exactly do you think other players are fast at? Maybe i can help you
The sword/axe/mace swings. I cannot swing as fast as any other player does on MP. The only time when I could swing as fast as my oponent was when I used 2H weapon without shield. Somehow the swing is faster.
I experienced this in SP only at the beginning when I did not have perks or weapons with good stats. Swing is too slow. Handling is too bad. But in MP you cannot use custom weapons and enhance your swing/handling speed.

With 2H axe, when I successfuly block the attack with axe the following swing is fast enough. But when I blocked with shield my following attack is always too slow. However without shield you are vulnerable to archers and javelins.
Not to mention that imperial units have far better armour as orher (khuzaits/aserai...). 2H axe with full swing takes 40-50DMG. On the other hand its instant kill for me.

I forgot to mention that shield bash seems to be ineffective.

@Worlok
In most cases you should be able to trade hits, what you are experiencing is propably better footwork from the enemy, try circling around the enemy on the right while using left wings or vice versa. Something else is active blocks, if you block just in time "tap-block" you will be faster to ready your attack as well. What's also important is that you swing back instantly. You should also have an idea if your weapon is faster by stats or your opponents, for example Vlandia mace is really fast while the Empire one is really slow. There is a lot of things to watch out for to get the edge, but once you got those basics in your muscle memory it should get better.

@Worlok
In most cases you should be able to trade hits, what you are experiencing is propably better footwork from the enemy, try circling around the enemy on the right while using left wings or vice versa.
Yeah that would be nice, however it does not seem to be possible. 99% of time I am immediately surrounded by 3 or 4 veteran players and there is no room for such moves. Dead in seconds.
I guess this is not for me... Unless there is some option to play with beginers or easy players. My first impression is, the MP is a playground for few highly organised veteran MP players...

-1 siege is far better than TDM.
-5 You are wrong. Siege is running around chasing flags. TDM is a bit of retarded fun.

I played siege in Warband, especially in cRpg strat, and there it was fun. There was one goal- stop the enemy. And whether it was pubs or an organized battle, it was a lot more fun than chasing flags.

Back
Top Bottom