Can custom servers be launched with the large patch coming up?

Users who are viewing this thread

We need to get these servers up and running. We need them while Bannerlord is fresh. Some of the test servers are very impressive on the EU side with spawn protections and non crashes which is huge. I have seen less crashes on the test servers than the countless ones on the siege and tdm servers before. I am not saying the test servers are perfect and all is good, but they seem to be fairly stable. Just looking back to a month ago when the first test servers were released, and everyone was rubber banding everywhere and lagging out, and now just a month later you have some of these server test admins fixing the game and adding mechanics via spawn protection at the beginning of the round. We could truly have some large events with custom servers. (Do not take my word for server stability, just going off what I have observed. The developers know what is right.) I also would like to give credit to the Taleworlds developers for getting us this much closer to the amazing game this can really be!!

Warband really set this game up for success on the multiplayer side. There are many experiences Warband gave that players struggle to find on other games especially medieval games and this game has so so much potential and truly is a one of a kind game that you can dump a thousand hours into it and not even question it.
Warband allowed so many content creators bring their and others dreams to life by making mods. Warband had so so much replay ability and it always felt like a different game depending on what native server or mods you wanted to play.

Taleworlds really did something amazing and they continue to work hard, and we continue to ask and ask, but dropping custom servers could be a whole new level for Bannerlord.

I am excited and I know many others and my self will get to experience many moments in the future to come that I hope will show me that Warband was really good but Bannerlord was that much better.

All and all I love the game of Bannerlord and the community has actually grown a ton for the better since battle servers dropped, and I love hearing players that are coming from Singleplayer or just not touching the game for the past two years and hearing them talk about how awesome the multiplayer can really be.
Maybe I am all wrong and just a whale, but we will see.

Multiplayer Mods to look out for. All mods listed below were on Warband and mods that I really liked and some I know the community liked if you are a new player.

Full Invasion: Wave defending mod with many playable factions. (Known ones: Lord Of the Rings, Rome, Sci-fi factions and bunch more)
Persistent Kingdoms: (My favorite one.) Roleplay/Player Factions/War/Player Economy/Castles/Sieges/Field Battles/Robbing Players/Clans/Solos and a lot more.
CRPG: (Don't know to much but was very very popular and competitive on warband. I believe it was character progression mod with currency etc.)
Just a few listed but many more.

Thank you!
-Vocals

Take in mind this all just ideas and hopes with a little bit of question. Please share your positive or negative feedback or just call me a Whale!!

Does it rely on grounded assertions ?

The "other" section.

"Finally, later down the line (and possibly after the full release of the game), we intend to share custom server files to allow you to host your own multiplayer game servers."

The "other" section.

"Finally, later down the line (and possibly after the full release of the game), we intend to share custom server files to allow you to host your own multiplayer game servers."
I've heard different lately ?

The "other" section.

It may have changed, it was published 1year ago, maybe and I hope so, they have heard the community..

The "other" section.

lol
Custom servers are coming before release, they confirmed it many times lately. Maybe with the next patch.

"I meant custom map and mod support would not come with the initial release of the server files."

lol
Custom servers are coming before release, they confirmed it many times lately. Maybe with the next patch.

"I meant custom map and mod support would not come with the initial release of the server files."
Wait, do you actually believe custom servers without modding support is considered a "release"?

Yes i remember that quote from Callum, but custom servers with modding support are not a full custom server release. It's half-baked at best

Wait, do you actually believe custom servers without modding support is considered a "release"?

Yes i remember that quote from Callum, but custom servers with modding support are not a full custom server release. It's half-baked at best
Modding will be limited until they release tools but you can already host custom maps and do some other things. But at least it's coming before release.

Modding will be limited until they release tools but you can already host custom maps and do some other things. But at least it's coming before release.
You can put me in stasis until they release actual modding support then, because even now the custom servers are boring as hell. Breath of fresh air that lasted less then a month.

How else are they going to get those sweet denars by selling skins? I bet they'll delay releasing the MP modding tools just to force people to play the official MP because otherwise, no one in their right mind would play their dog**** version instead of the community-made "better mp".

You can put me in stasis until they release actual modding support then, because even now the custom servers are boring as hell. Breath of fresh air that lasted less then a month.
Custom servers right now is literally just a different name for the server. Beyond name recognition (ie. i want to play on the GK server!), its literally nothing positive lol. The only thing that matters is modding.

Back
Top Bottom