Can Community Update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Can the Community Update this mod?
I understand some of the concerns with changing somebodies project or art, but just to update something so it is able to be played...  Perhaps it's not even possible.  Is it possible to upgrade a mod from 1.41 to 1.53 if you don't have the source code.  Could I make the changes manually?  What if it was just for personal use?
Please be kind when you respond?

It's been discussed before that you would need Lynores's permission to work on this and release it to the public. I'm not sure what the rules are for personal use, though.

Holy mother of mary you guys pop out of the woodworks don't you? No. That's the answer that's been given on every other "I can haz update pl0x?!?!" There's no more public versions coming out for this. Sure, you could update it for yourself but the second you release that to the public, you have issues.

DarthTaco said:
Holy mother of mary you guys pop out of the woodworks don't you? No. That's the answer that's been given on every other "I can haz update pl0x?!?!" There's no more public versions coming out for this. Sure, you could update it for yourself but the second you release that to the public, you have issues.
The thing is, that is not what these people are asking.

Kendoman said:
Can the Community Update this mod?
I understand some of the concerns with changing somebodies project or art, but just to update something so it is able to be played...  Perhaps it's not even possible.  Is it possible to upgrade a mod from 1.41 to 1.53 if you don't have the source code.  Could I make the changes manually?  What if it was just for personal use?
Please be kind when you respond?

Do it. I'd love for this to be updated. This was a great mod. Don't forget to PM it to me when you do. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom