Can Bannerlord Damage Formulas be accessed? And how much can they be altered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Earl

Karen
Regular
I'm thinking of doing some rebalance modding for Bannerlord. For that, I really need to know the damage formulas. Better yet would be if I could tweak them, and possibly add additional elements to damage calculation and the like.

I have seen a number of formulas and tweakable variables from the XMLs, but my searches turned up nothing about damage and other formulas.

Could someone please fill me in on this, and what we know about such formulas?

Solution
I think you should find something on that in the CombatStatCalculator in the TaleWorlds.Core.dll
Specifically, I think most of the calculations are done in the CalculateStrikeMagnitudeForSwing(float swingSpeed, float impactPointAsPercent, float weaponWeight, float weaponLength, float weaponInertia, float weaponCoM, float extraLinearSpeed ) method

In case you have issue accessing it, I will post it here

calculations.png
Thanks for the link. I'll have a go at searching through that. If someone knows what files or what folders to check, that'd be helpful.

Upvote 0
Ah, so we don't have access to the files I needed to rebalance.... guess I need to wait however many months or years it takes for those files to be made accessible, if the virus doesn't get me first.

Upvote 0
I think you should find something on that in the CombatStatCalculator in the TaleWorlds.Core.dll
Specifically, I think most of the calculations are done in the CalculateStrikeMagnitudeForSwing(float swingSpeed, float impactPointAsPercent, float weaponWeight, float weaponLength, float weaponInertia, float weaponCoM, float extraLinearSpeed ) method

calculations.png

Upvote 0
Solution

calculations.png
This is an incredible find, thank you so much.

Sorry to ask, but how do I edit dll files? I'm having trouble finding a guide on the subject.

Upvote 0
Hi...

I've started receiving an exception that " value cannot be null" after 250 days in game. Removed all mods but still facing this error. As per the crash error - tried to look into the taleworlds.core.dll and found the class causing the error.

Set Propertry Owner 1 -- value that is being called here is set to integer and somehow this is receiving an empty value. And I'm receiving the attached error. Can any one help me overcome this exception... Not sure if I'm on the right track either :smile: .. if not, any leads on how to fix this crash. Thanks a lot in advance

Crash screenshot:

Upvote 0
I've been looking through the damage calculations myself and will probably make a post on them soon. There's a bunch of stuff located in a bunch of places and it's taken me some time to locate and make sense of it all, especially considering I'm unfamiliar with C# and looking through .dll files.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom