SP - General Campaign: XP in Arena/Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

+1. Tournaments and practise fights should definitely give XP. Also, give us wooden weapons.

I agree the proper tournaments should be more rare, or maybe have another, higher level of tournaments for lords and such. I really miss the invitations to a Lord's party after doing good in a tournament. Currently tournements feels pretty bare bones.

+1. Tournaments and practise fights should definitely give XP. Also, give us wooden weapons.

I agree the proper tournaments should be more rare, or maybe have another, higher level of tournaments for lords and such. I really miss the invitations to a Lord's party after doing good in a tournament. Currently tournements feels pretty bare bones.

Yes exactly.

Practice fights could use wooden weapons, similar as it did in m&b/warband (there are even models for this as there’re used in campaign’s tutorial- or even simple wooden sticks keeping in mind it’s an early time period). Perhaps lower xp points gain than in regular fights - but it needs to give some (character progressing) reward for participation. Tournaments should give normal xp gains- there’s not that many fights to farm skills imo.

Also feast after the tournament should come back in some form like you mentioned. The system in old games wasn’t that bad with relation boost with the tournament/feast host.
Perhaps additional boost for wining the tournament or additional dialogue option would expand the immersion surely.

So if you are on realistic and you don't know how to directional block. It makes me wonder what you consider 'good equipment'. because even a glancing blow would knock you silly if your at 1/5 HP
As long as you don't take a headshot you can usually take as many hits as you need to while just swinging. At least in the empire tournaments anyway. They tend to have much weaker swords. This is with maybe mid-game gear that has 30-40 defence on the chest, realistic damage.

Yes exactly.

Practice fights could use wooden weapons, similar as it did in m&b/warband (there are even models for this as there’re used in campaign’s tutorial- or even simple wooden sticks keeping in mind it’s an early time period). Perhaps lower xp points gain than in regular fights - but it needs to give some (character progressing) reward for participation. Tournaments should give normal xp gains- there’s not that many fights to farm skills imo.

Also feast after the tournament should come back in some form like you mentioned. The system in old games wasn’t that bad with relation boost with the tournament/feast host.
Perhaps additional boost for wining the tournament or additional dialogue option would expand the immersion surely.
I agree. Could definitely do with more opportunities to level that charm skill, and to use it really.

Wooden weapons are so boring tho, I prefer to use "real" weapons, it's way more satisfying.
+1 for XP, invitations and harder (and more profitable) tournaments.
Edit:
- More profitable tournaments also in terms of renown, I would rise it from 3 to 5.
- I love the item rewards (getting the bearskin, helmet etc.) but I would remove the low tier weapons and add more mid to high tier armours.

Last edited:
May be developers can tell us what do they think about this suggestion? Is there a chance for adding xp gain from tournaments? Or may be dev no reading such topics at all...

+1 I think that this game needs the feeling of perpetual progress. Everything should feel like it is helping you reach a goal and it's silly that tournaments don't count as training skills. Someone who spends their times fighting in tournaments should get better at fighting!

Back
Top Bottom