Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Everyone!

I often find myself in looking for x8 button when moving around the map and it just really frustrates me that it is not there. I know that I can go to cheat menu and type "campaign.multiply_campaign_speed 20 " and that does the trick for me, but I don't want to do that every single time I start the game. Does anyone know aside of mods, is there ini file or text file or XML file where I can find that _campaign_speed command and set it permanently???? or any other workaround?

Please and Thank You:xf-grin:?

You're looking for the "SpeedUpMultiplier" variable, which isn't in an external file that's easily editable, but if you download a .NET decomplier program such as dnSpy, you can accomplish what you are asking for without too much trouble. It all just depends on how technical you want to get with it.

Thank you very much guys!

Bannerman, do you know or have any idea where or what file I should be looking for using dnSpy? just getting to know it right now, its pretty cool, didn't know such a thing existed before!!!

Thanks !

You're looking for the "SpeedUpMultiplier" variable, which isn't in an external file that's easily editable, but if you download a .NET decomplier program such as dnSpy, you can accomplish what you are asking for without too much trouble. It all just depends on how technical you want to get with it.
Thank you very much guys!

Bannerman, do you know or have any idea where or what file I should be looking for using dnSpy? just getting to know it right now, its pretty cool, didn't know such a thing existed before!!!

Thanks !

I found this, but I got no clue what to do to make time actually go faster. I tried changing 4f to 20f, but that didn't help, any suggestions or ideas?
Hey, I'm not trying to sound condescending, but did you remember to hit Save Module after making the change? And make sure the game wasn't running at the time?

(This has happened to me before, no joke)

I can't see what you posted in your Google Drive, but I think I may know what went wrong (aside from saving, like Apocal said). You probably changed this part of the code:

lFsGh.png

That's not actually what you need to change, but you are on the right track.

Follow these instructions:
  1. Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top, or go to Edit > Search Assemblies.
  2. In the search bar type, "SpeedUpMultiplier" without the quotations marks.
  3. Right click SpeedUpMultiplier in the results box and select "Analyze".
  4. In the Analyzer, click the dropdown arrows for Set > Used By and double click on the "OnLoad" method.
  5. In the OnLoad method, right click on the line of code that says "this.SpeedUpMultiplier = 4f;" and select "Edit IL Instructions..."
  6. Change the number 4 to a 20 and press "Okay" in the bottom right.
  7. Go up to File > Save Module and save your changes. Close dnSpy and you should be good to go.
Here's a picture to help guide you:
Poy9R.png

One final thing to note: anytime a patch is released (including hotfixes), the dll file will be reaquired from Steam and your changes will be wiped. This unfortunately means you will need to follow the steps again to reapply the changes. Once you get the hang of it it should go quickly though.

Let me know if that works!

I can't see what you posted in your Google Drive, but I think I may know what went wrong (aside from saving, like Apocal said). You probably changed this part of the code:

lFsGh.png

That's not actually what you need to change, but you are on the right track.

Follow these instructions:
  1. Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top, or go to Edit > Search Assemblies.
  2. In the search bar type, "SpeedUpMultiplier" without the quotations marks.
  3. Right click SpeedUpMultiplier in the results box and select "Analyze".
  4. In the Analyzer, click the dropdown arrows for Set > Used By and double click on the "OnLoad" method.
  5. In the OnLoad method, right click on the line of code that says "this.SpeedUpMultiplier = 4f;" and select "Edit IL Instructions..."
  6. Change the number 4 to a 20 and press "Okay" in the bottom right.
  7. Go up to File > Save Module and save your changes. Close dnSpy and you should be good to go.
Here's a picture to help guide you:
Poy9R.png

One final thing to note: anytime a patch is released (including hotfixes), the dll file will be reaquired from Steam and your changes will be wiped. This unfortunately means you will need to follow the steps again to reapply the changes. Once you get the hang of it it should go quickly though.

Let me know if that works!
OMG, you are a GOD!!!

Thank You So much, it WORKED :grin: :xf-grin: ?

Not only did you provide very clear written instructions and guide but included pictures!!

Thank you, truly thank you, this was really bugging me, and thanks to this I feel like I've actually learned something too :grin:

Back
Top Bottom