Campaign Map needs a reshade

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, here my dear Bloc has already said it all and I agree 100%, the current map is truly beautiful, just need to apply love and beautification as "final touches". Once again the ball is in Taleworlds court ?? .

This is the main problem imo. That one shade of green covering almost the whole map. It just looks weird and unnatural, actually slightly difficult to look at sometimes. Deeper, more earthy colours would improve things. There also appears to be some sort of pale filter over everything.

Also I'm sure rivers aren't what they were when I first got the game. You can only see water flowing from a particular camera angle.
Exactly. Is there a way we can ask the devs if they’re planning to change this?

Honestly the campaign map looks pretty enough to me as it is, i would prefer if it was abit more open with less unnatural mountains that only serve to create narrow paths that force chokepoints, it looks more like moba lanes than a proper world map.

InKx1.jpg

Honestly the campaign map looks pretty enough to me as it is, i would prefer if it was abit more open with less unnatural mountains that only serve to create narrow paths that force chokepoints, it looks more like moba lanes than a proper world map.

InKx1.jpg

Does it? Let me offer a little comparison

mount-%2526-blade-II-bannerlord-map.png

Here is the pre release map.

maxresdefault.jpg

Map now. Literally the entire map besides the very edge of the khuzait territories and the Aserai Desert looks identical. They need to change things up, the current map has one very ugly shade of green and it desperately needs some more diversity.

Maybe the shape of the map might be more interesting now but the diversity and detail is way worse than what it once was.

I want this map back, so ****ing bad. Just wish I had the modding abilities to do it.
Even if you could make the campaign map, you would also have to make around 150 custom battle maps because of the clown terrain system we'll have instead of just improving battle map generation systems. Thats not including all the castle, city and village maps, which could number like 300 without the Battlemaps

I never had any issues with the game perfomance but many players reported a bad performance on the campaign map. So it seems to make sense that it doesn´t look "that" good as it was shown back then. It´s also not ugly, it just works, which I wouldn´t say about other more important stuff.

I would even play the game on a 2d map with asci graphics if the rest would work as they´ve shown / announced back then.

Last edited:
I never had any issues with the game perfomance but many players reported a bad performance on the campaign map. So it seems to make sense that it doesn´t look "that" good as it was shown back then. It´s also not ugly, it just works, which I wouldn´t say about other more important stuff.

I would even play the game on a 2d map with asci graphics if the rest would work as they´ve shown / announced back then.
Even if they keep the detail down to fix performance issues they can at least fix the grass texture. It looks awful.

I think Bannerlord is way to bright and it should have more realistic colors like in the old videos. A complete reshade for a more realistic look should be added.

I think the campaign map does its job just fine. Sure maybe a dev could spend half a day painting some different shades of green around the map, but I feel like there's many other aspects which should be of higher priority

i agree that the map has a "bleached" effect that might be overbearing at times, but after turning back on a couple of settings i had turned down for the sake of increasing FPS in battles the map improved so much. for example, i didnt know that turning off dynamic shadows would turn off all tree shadows on the campaign map. now this means dynamic shadows are pretty much required to be enabled otherwise the map looks dreadful. dynamic shadows happen to be one of the most taxing options on performance.

I think the current map is not too bad but it really needs some more details. The main thing I want is some diversity in the grass and tree textures and maybe some more detail as well.

Right now, every part of the map has the exact same ugly shade of green that does not look appealing whatsoever. All I’m saying is if they added some more diversity, like emerald green grass with a foggy atmosphere for battania, the map would be 10 times better.
This is the main problem imo. That one shade of green covering almost the whole map. It just looks weird and unnatural, actually slightly difficult to look at sometimes. Deeper, more earthy colours would improve things. There also appears to be some sort of pale filter over everything.

Also I'm sure rivers aren't what they were when I first got the game. You can only see water flowing from a particular camera angle.
It really doesn’t. There’s one ugly shade of green for the entire Map, the trees look low res and they got rid of a ton of detail that was there in the pre release map. See above comments with photographic examples.
I think Bannerlord is way to bright and it should have more realistic colors like in the old videos. A complete reshade for a more realistic look should be added.
I think the campaign map does its job just fine. Sure maybe a dev could spend half a day painting some different shades of green around the map, but I feel like there's many other aspects which should be of higher priority
i agree that the map has a "bleached" effect that might be overbearing at times, but after turning back on a couple of settings i had turned down for the sake of increasing FPS in battles the map improved so much. for example, i didnt know that turning off dynamic shadows would turn off all tree shadows on the campaign map. now this means dynamic shadows are pretty much required to be enabled otherwise the map looks dreadful. dynamic shadows happen to be one of the most taxing options on performance.
This.
In terms of cost/benefit I have no doubt that spending some days of work improving this aspects would be well worth the time and money.
Surelly devs have higher priorities but this should be on the "To Do list"

Back
Top Bottom