SP - World Map Campaign map changes to better respect the player's time

Users who are viewing this thread

I think players generally spend too much time staring at the map just watching time pass. It's boring, and generally disrespectful of the player's time. Travel itself is fine, if anything we probably move too quickly across the map, however there are times when I'm forced to travel to accomplish chores and it all feels really unnecessary and wasteful.

If I want to talk to an npc I have to spend days in game tracking their ever changing location and then chasing them across the map. Why can't I send a messenger? Why can't I arrange a meeting? This makes some sense when you're an unknown nobody leading a tiny party, but by the time i'm a vassal or ruler of a kingdom I shouldn't have to be running around myself doing this chore.

Why do I personally have to track down and kill every band of bandits in my territory?

Why do I personally have to be present to manage a feif I've appointed a governor to run? Why do I have to take a companion in my party and then hand deliver them to a merchant to start a caravan? How come I can't level up a companion remotely?

So many chores can't be done for me, every single thing requires me to go there and do it myself.

+
Bannerlord really has the ability to exceed / expand the importance of the player (in many activities). If in the future the game will be supplemented by the same or larger-scale actions (taking into account the need for action on the part of the player), then I think that this will increase the “load” on the player.

In Bannerlord, the role of the character / player is really trying to reconcile with the strategy (to do what the character would do from other games, but at the same time using strategy methods). Perhaps someone likes the feeling that the game is very openly demonstrating its methods of “keeping the player in the game”, but I no longer feel the world of Calradia, because in the game the atmosphere and visual style lose all their charm just because all these “methods »Not hidden from the player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom