Campaign Map AI Moving Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'll preface this by saying, I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I don't think the campaign AI is working as intended in this specific aspect.
The scenario is:
I'm in a faction, and a noble raises an army. Let's call that army (A) and it's 200 men strong. We come across a large enemy army (B) of 800 men. If I was in control of army A, I'd stay away from army B, maybe find another path around or retreat completely, but for some reason the current AI seems to enjoy danger. What happens is, army A will follow directly behind army B in the exact same path instead of running away or finding another route. Army A will continue to follow B until they're literally centimeters away from army B and will /ONLY/ turn to run if army B targets them. Obviously, this has caused me to lose countless battles because of a smaller army following directly behind an enemy who greatly outnumbers us. Again, I don't think it's working as intended, I just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this and if the devs were aware.

It is intended.

The smaller army will help gang up on the larger army as the opportunity arises, essentially granting every target in your kingdom a free +200 defenders.

Now, as to whether it is good is another question entirely... but people complain often enough that the AI doesn't defend.

Back
Top Bottom