Campaign feedback (+450H)

Users who are viewing this thread

Saltefanden

Regular
Here we go. I have some in-game things, that I would like to comment on. Let me just start by saying, that this game is awesome (overall opinion). I have played several playthroughs and spent +450 hours in the game, only singleplayer. Played all the series in M&B, love then, some more than others. I'm not here to rant, but just give some feedback to TW, so they may consider these things in future updates. We have had a few updates so far, and they have also moved the game in the right direction.
Playing 1.31 vanilla btw. In this feedback post I will focus on war, armies and AI lords, just to keep it short.

My feedback
Army assemble
An army, let's say, 100+ men in M&B II. For the player it takes time to train up, gear up comps, keep fed and fit for fighting. All of this takes time, like it would IRL (many years). You don't just start with an huge army in this game. All about creating an amry and working your way up, great, I like it. What I don't like about this game is, that enemy lords, after having been defeated, just spawn in with crap armies way too fast. Like it does not have any consequence for them loosing a huge battle. 2 days after being defeated they are at my doorstep again with a crap army, same lord same area. It takes time to build up and maintain an army. The AI for lords has 0 IQ. If I have just defeated a lord, that lord would need to do the same as me, work and build up an army, so it can actually perform, not just go at it again with crap army. He should keep far from me and avoid that "battle/war zone" - but no, he comes into that area again 2 days after. What does the AI lords think will be the outcome? The AI lord should by now know, what force he or she is up againts, so going back and repeating the same big failure again would be out of the question. I care about my army, not just the number, but I have trained and level up these pixels and spent a lot of time doing it. The same logic should apply for AI lords. Building up an army takes time. I don't care how the AI lord would do it, but farming looters for army XP would be fine for AI lords. Looters are splenty and seem to spawn in wast numbers. Let the AI lords level up and spend time doing it, so that loosing your army will actually mean something. IRL it would be huge blow for any noble to loose their army, no protection for castles or lands.

Captured Lords
I could offcourse execute them, but the punishment for my rep. is way too huge. Letting them go, fine, I will keep doing that in an endless defeat/release/defeat/release cycle. I can capture them, fine, but they are loose again within hours. I can put them in a dungeon, built for keeping ppl. locked up, but no, two days later the noble is out again. In Warband you actually needed to build a prison (took a while depending on engeniering skill), and that could keep them locked up. They had a small, I think 5% chance for escape pr. day, but they was locked up. The dungeon in MB II does not feel like a dungeon.

Going to war
War never changes. It's not something you as a kingdom/king/queen/noble should just declare out of thin air. There is a reason and goal, and it will be exspensive. If you declare war on another kingdom, then it's not just for fun. In the current state of MB II, some leaders are clearly insane. When your kingdom is in no shape for war, then declaring war againts a superior kingdom is not wise. I do hope, that the diplomacy feature will change this and bring some sense into the the hole war and peace thing. I my current game, vassel for a kingdom, we have not seen peace since I joined then. Not that I cause war, but the leader does not seem to want peace. Because of the above mecs. the battle is back and foward, same castles and cities being taken and retaken. No progress, just endless war in the same area. Pointless and have been the same for years now.

I hope some of the above will be considered, when future patches are being made. It will really serve this game well, if there was just some logic in it. That was my 25 cent.

Back
Top Bottom